Weather Watching

It's almost become an obsession to check the weather at the beach.  It's storming:  rain and flood watches, hurricanes out in the Atlantic. Hmmm.

Steps gone, ready for the deck.
And the stucco repair is complete.  He did such a great job, and his crew are such hard workers. How grateful we are for a once again snug, weather-tight home.  And those steps have disappeared!  I thought it would take forever for them to haul off the remnants, but again - they are hard workers. Touch ups have been done and all that's left is to have the deck built, and re-paint the frame around the door.  (Maybe I'll remember the mistakes I did last time and do a better job this time around.) And one of the best parts?  That it's quiet again.  There's no one wandering around that back yard that isn't related to me, I can run out and water the garden in my robe (though I actually did that when the workers were here, just tried to be a little inconspicuous), there's no hammering, pounding, scraping. The quiet is just lovely, my soul responds to that.

I came across this quote the other day and loved it.  The book was "The More Of Less" and I read it in a day. And while I don't necessarily agree with everything the author says, there was enough merit in the book that I was glad to have spent the time reading it.  Since we're already on a "getting-rid-of-stuff" kick, it was a great mental boost.  It doesn't have to be extreme paring down to have a positive effect.  I like how things feel a little more on the bare side anyway, I always have - don't care for too much clutter-stuff.  Anyway, here's the quote:

I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy. Rabindranath Tagore

I'm so grateful for the ability to fix our house that I hope is always a home.  For those who care for my heart enough to reach out.  For the hope of a safe return to that place where I'm most comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment