Yay! for September

It was beautiful!
My favorite month of the year.  It signals the end of the worst of the heat for the year, the beginning of sweater/soup/storm weather.  As long as I can be safe and protected and the storms aren't too violent, I love the change of weather.  And we've had a long really dry summer, so change is welcome.

Raindrops on pavement--proof of rain.
It's been such a pretty morning.  The trail is more enjoyable when I have it to myself like I did today (and pretty much all this week, since school has begun again and most of the moms are at home getting the chilluns ready for their day).  We've got a bit of weather coming in - when it's windy the morning clouds are so fun.  Then when the sun rises the colors are stunning - no camera can do justice to them.

Just before dawn.
The Husband walked out to greet me as I got closer to home - I love when he does that, makes me feel cared for.  We ran into a friend from church and stood for a bit chatting.  That sense of community is so valued.

Love all the bikes.
The stucco guys were here working last evening, but haven't made much progress on the steps.  It's a mess.  And I'm nervous about the whole thing - I don't want to be left with a bigger mess that costs bigger bucks to fix. This guy has received rave word-of-mouth reviews, that's why we hired him.  My fingers are crossed.

We have a play tonight that's fun to anticipate.  A long weekend to savor. A cold front that will drop the temps and after Sunday I'll have several weeks without having to teach Sunday School. Definitely things to enjoy.

I'm grateful that kids still ride their bikes to school.  That clouds are infinitely changeable and lovely. That as long as I didn't get drenched, it was fun to have a bit of rain sprinkle on me on my walk and for a camera in my pocket.  I'm grateful that I don't have to cook dinner tonight.  And I'm so thankful for a heart that still feels strongly about life, love and good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment