A Great Tuesday

Lovely morning to sing.
What a fun day!  Started well with my morning walk, I've missed it the last few days.  Returned some books to the library, the morning air was crisp enough to require a heavy shirt - loved it!  After some laundry and stuff, I headed over to a friend's for our monthly lunch, that today was turned into brunch.  Yummy food out on her deck amongst the trees, chickadees and hummingbirds.  We fed the trout in their pond and talked so long it was nearly time for our mid-afternoon naps.  How lucky we are to have good friends, ones that last for decades and still seem accepting of our (and I'm actually talking about me here) foibles and faults.

Yummy tomato.
This morning's walk route took me past the high school.  I have no idea what all those people were doing in the stadium at 6:50 a.m.  I heard voices serenading someone with the "Happy Birthday" song, but that wasn't the only reason they were there.  It was kind of fun to see them.

Hard work there!
We forgot what kind of tomatoes we planted.  Brought in this one that was orange.  Thought at first it was some kind of mutation.  Nope, it's called Golden Boy and tastes mighty fine.

The guys are here working on the stucco repair.  We can afford some repair, not $22,500 for total replacement.  Part of the deal was to remove the steps out the back of our bedroom.  The bay needs some insulation underneath the bump out.  They worked all day long yesterday on this and made this much progress.  I think I might just sit and cry if I was facing this completely daunting task.  Today? They're working on the house's north wall.  I'm counting on them actually getting to the stairs at some point.  What a job!

And the very bestest part of the day?  When I was sitting for a moment with The Husband and he said, "I'm s-o-o glad you're home!"  I felt valued and cared for.

I'm so grateful today for air conditioning in my car.  For those who are willing to do the work on our house that is beyond our ability.  For chocolate chip cookies and watermelon.  For meals with friends - friends who are steadfast. And for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment