A New Week

And new opportunities to get it right.  Although I wonder if I'll ever get it right in this life.  And what is "it" I'm trying to get right?  Pretty much everything.  :^)

I miss the rose bush!
I honestly can't remember much about Thursday and Friday of last week.  I know I must have been doing something, I hope it was all good something.  Saturday we spent much of the day around here. The Husband finally had the time to take out a struggling rose bush.  It was a gift from our daughter. I've loved it.  But as with most all living things, its life was coming to an end.  There's an empty spot that was previously filled with lovely white flowers.  I think I"ll mourn it a bit before I figure out what to put there, if anything at all.

Saturday evening was the ward/neighborhood party.  The Husband was conscripted as co-chair (kinda-sorta-not-really).  It has been an interesting journey from idea to completion.  The turnout was good, the food was pretty decent, and overall it turned out better than I had expected.  I even had to admit my thinking was a bit flawed on the entertainment, it was all good.  Repentance and I continue to be constant companions.

It was a gloriously lovely morning.
We finished up our visiting teaching this morning.  This particular sister is always so welcoming and kind.  Today was the first time in our visits to her that I didn't feel quite so extraneous.  I'm having some work to do to find common ground with my partner.  I'm hoping to find - if not actual friendship - at least a bit of ease in our partnership.

I took this shot of the sunrise last week, managed to get a couple of geese smack in the middle. Doesn't really do anything for the picture, but it was fun to see them swoop in, meet up with their pack in the usual "V" and fly off over the valley.

Spent a fair amount of time yesterday researching the next Sunday School lesson:  Charity.  And wow - how am I ever going to do that subject justice in 40 minutes?  Then I have three glorious weeks sans lessons.  I am so ready for that little break from lesson-induced stress!  Anyway, I came across this quote yesterday morning and so loved it:  I think I'll read it often this next week and work on that so-desirable integrity.

The size of your faith or the degree of your knowledge is not the issue—it is the integrity you demonstrate toward the faith you do have and the truth you already know.  Jeffrey R. Holland.

I'm so grateful that the party Saturday night went as well as it did. I'm grateful for those who are kind even when the recipient might not deserve that kindness.  I'm grateful for something to look forward to this week - a play at Hale Theatre.  I'm grateful for cool nights that lend a bit of crispness to the morning air.  I'm grateful for sweet women who take some time to chat in the halls at church - those few minutes lent a lightness to my spirit that was as deeply felt as it was unexpected.  Just delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment