How Did It Get To Be Monday Already?

I know The Husband had a short week last week, but I was totally surprised to look on here and find the last time I posted was Wednesday!  I frankly can't say where the time went.

It's so lovely to be home again.  I still feel a bit behind - am wondering if that's going to be a permanent state of mind with me.  It's mostly the pressure knowing that I have to go back to teaching Sunday School this coming weekend.  Wish I was more comfortable at it.

Monday morning just before sunrise
We tried so hard to listen to Conference Saturday while we were out working in the yard. We tried several different things, but nothing worked.  So we just bagged it, and will watch the recordings. Saturday evening I watched the Priesthood session with The Husband and also the General Women's meeting from the previous Saturday (we were traveling home at that time).  I'm so grateful for uplifting words.

Didn't get much sleep last night - thunderings/lightning/rain downpour.  And I'm just watching the news and there's lots of fresh snow up Little Cottonwood Canyon.  I hope this is a good harbinger for the winter, we are so in need of reservoir filling.
Trinidad scorpion pepper blooms

Gardens ready for winter
The Husband finished up the installation of the new outdoor lights.  They look great and only need a bit of caulk to be weather-ready.  They look great.  We got the veggie gardens cleaned out and buttoned up for the winter.  (The grandson's trinidad scorpion peppers never produced anything but flowers, but what cute little flowers they are.)  It's nice to have the beds covered before the biggest leaf-fall from the cottonwoods - it'll save us a ton of work getting the leaves out of the planting medium. The roses have been pruned and the grass is responding to the ani-fungus measures The Husband is trying. All in all, a productive weekend, as well as a spiritual shot-in-the-arm.

This morning's walk netted a couple pictures - one of the storm clouds over the mountains, one of a cat I interrupted drinking from the creek and the one reminding me to not buy so many carrots for the horses anymore.  And it also provided some interaction with a friend.  I was crossing the street over by the middle school and heard my name called.  This friend is now a morning crossing guard.  How glad I was she called out my name, she could have just let me walk past and I'd never have known. Instead I got to share some pleasant conversation with a delightful person that left me walking away with a smile.

I so love the beauty of this world in fall.  I love the rain that doesn't last for so many days that we tire of it.  I'm grateful for General Conference.  I'm grateful for things to watch on tv while I reduce my ironing pile and for good books to read and for someone who treats me like I'm someone important.

No comments:

Post a Comment