Thursday Is Still My Favorite Day Of The Week

I'm finding it harder and harder lately to think I have anything of value to say here.  Hmmm...

31 degress at 8:20
I love the fall.  I've never done well in the heat of summer so when the temperatures begin to change, the change in my spirits is almost palpable. I love the winter clothing, that it's soup weather, and the sense of snuggling in at our home.

Love the frost on the grass.
Tuesday morning's walk it was 33 degrees out when I left the house.  Had to put on a sweatshirt.  Yay!  This morning (after a mostly sleepless night I discarded the idea of a walk and tried to get a few zzz's) it was 30 degrees at 7:30, 31 by a bit after 8.  Frost on the grass is so pretty.

The outdoor lights look great now that they're up, I love that there aren't bulbs to replace.  Hopefully those LED's will last a l-o-n-g time.

New lights look great.
Find a penny, pick it up...
I've spent the week working on my lesson for Sunday School, a bit of practicing for the organ and piano for Sunday and mostly just feeling like I'm catching up.  I've made a new resolution to limit my iPad time after dinner.  It's so easy to just play games on it while watching tv in The Husband's office while he wraps up work.  I'm hoping if I go back to one of my loves (stitching) my sleep will improve (and by extension my mood).  I've also spent the week in prayer for loved ones and for our country - it's looking scarier every day and this election season is discouraging at best.

We've dinner out with friends tomorrow and Saturday.  A movie in the planning. Saturday is full up with chores and hopefully a teensy bit of fun.  (I still don't feel like I've had enough fun in my life.) And maybe a visit with family on Sunday, we still need to drop off birthday gifts for a daughter-in-law.  I'm counting on relationships being less complicated in the next life.

I'm working hard at being grateful.  I fail at life in so very many ways.  I'm grateful for a loved one who makes me feel cherished, who acts like his only goal in life is to care for me, help me, watch out for me and make life's path easier for me.  What a treasure. I'm grateful for good health and for doctors to help when our bodies rebel. I'm grateful for technology that helps us keep in touch - though I'm not quite so grateful for the frustration that often accompanies the use of that technology.  I'm grateful for flowers, for the seasons that bring such beauty and delight in this world.  And I'm grateful for joy.  I love that word, that concept and the fact that it is often obvious in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment