Post Weekend

I've dreaded October at church - lots of responsibilities that cause some anxiety for me:  my turn to play the organ each week in Sacrament meeting, still my turn teaching Gospel Principles each week, and my turn to play the piano in R. S. each week.  It means not only do I have lots of preparation, but also that I'm rushing from one meeting to the next so as to not make people wait on  me.

Yesterday's Sunday School lesson was a bit of a challenge - was hard to prepare and I entered the classroom feeling w-a-y less than adequate.  It turned out w-a-y better than I had any right to expect it would.  I didn't mess up on the organ or the piano - though it almost felt like my fingers had a mind of their own.  Much better Sunday than anticipated.

We even managed to get in a visit to the local grandchilluns, quick though it was.  Relationships are a bit of a challenge, are they not?  Our little ten year old was most anxious to make sure she had my phone number so we could be texting buddies (which she does from her iPad). How nice to feel wanted. We were talking about church callings and she said her Dad needed a calling where he never had to be there.  That so made me laugh - lots of people want that kind of calling.  :^)

New sink in garage.
We had two lovely evenings in a row - out with a dear friend (and her Husband) I've known forever.  (I think literally forever.) I forgot to thank them for the ice cream they treated us to.  Though I'll long remember shivering as we sat outside in the cold eating our ice cream between teeth chatters.  (The line inside was too long so we got it to go and should have sat inside the car! They were, of course, good sports about the whole thing.)   And then dinner and a movie with friends that are always a delight to see. (Though the new Black Bear Diner here in Draper needs to hone their wait-staff's skills. I'll be back to try out those skills when I go for the pineapple upside down pancakes, a favorite of mine.)

The Husband had a productive Saturday - he got the caulking around the new outdoor lights finished and installed the new utility sink in the garage.  When he followed up with Amazon he said please, please, just send along the mounting hardware that's missing from the sink you already sent.  Result? Mounting hardware plus another sink!  Now we not only have the previous sink to find a new home for but also the extra sink that Amazon sent! Try as we might to pare down/get rid of/clean out we just seem to keep acquiring stuff. 
Beautiful morning sky.

Speaking of cleaning out - my closet is sporting a 3 foot pile of clothes to donate. It is definitely a slow process - that cleaning out thing.

I mentioned my Grandma in class yesterday.  I never ever heard her say an unkind word.  Not unkindness to anyone or about anyone.  She was kind clear through to her soul.  Someone I will always admire.

I'm so grateful for beautiful sunrises - this morning's was so lovely.  The colors on the clouds were prettier in the few minutes it took me to walk closer to a favorite tree to catch a picture.  Still, though, a pretty, pretty sky.  I'm grateful for good shoes that make my walk so much more enjoyable.  I'm grateful for grandchilluns who act like we're important.  For music in my life.  And for someone who walks out on the trail to greet me good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment