Laughter Is Good

Yesterday morning:  The Husband was standing up close to outside of the door waiting for our daughter to come through on her way to work.  Hoping to startle her, he's a bit of a tease.  We stood there for a long time, whispering together, "what's taking her so long?"  Heard a noise off to the front of the house and there came our daughter!  She'd gone the other way out the house and caught us lying in wait.  Had to lean up against the house for support during our laughter.  It isn't often anyone puts one over on The Husband - it was a rare, memorable occasion.

Creepy skeleton
My morning walks this week have been delightful.  The temperature is cool, people seem to be busy so the trail is blessedly mostly empty of people (love it when I have the trails all to myself) and the sunrises have been spectacular.  This morning I spotted this skeleton lounging in a big pot on the house's front walk.  People (and I often wish it was me) are so creative.

Tis the season to take note of the colorful trees.  Some of my favorite trees aren't looking so well this year, it's been a hot dry summer and the trees are showing it in the lack of abundant leaves.  This particular one, though was bright in the early morning.  I'll have to find some new favorite trees.

Had a guy come out and give us a bid on the deck.  Sigh. We'll be getting other bids.

Love the color in the trees!
When The Husband wanders in and says what are we doing for dinner, it's generally a signal that he needs to get out of the house.  Last night's destination?  The Habit.  My very very very favorite milkshakes in the world.  Told The Husband if I get to choose my last meal I hope it includes a chocolate shake from The Habit.  No, I don't need the sugar or the calories, but I surely enjoyed every slurp.

Been thinking lately about forgiveness.  Why is it so easy to forgive some and not so easy to forgive others?  Some people are just generally easier to love in spite of their personal foibles and faults. Others?  Not quite so much.  But I know the Savior would instantly forgive.

I'm grateful today for the seasons that are so lovely (excepting my least favorite holiday - Halloween.)  I'm grateful for warm sweaters, for plants that bloom, for good milkshakes and for laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment