Nervous

Even that word provokes in me a sense of nervousness.  I'm feeling it today.  Yesterday was really a crazy day - I stopped a birthday gift for our sweet little neighbor off and ended up chatting (how delightful it was) with her Mom for nearly an hour, went visiting teaching another neighbor, and then a bit later still another of our sisters. Then home to get in the car with The Husband to go to Provo for our youngest grandson's first birthday.  By the time I got home I was ready to crash for a while.

And the nervous part?  I was invited to play for our neighbor's baptism on Saturday.  And I'm teaching a tough lesson in Sunday School this coming week.  And I filled out my ballot for the November elections - which was totally nerve-wracking.  This is really a scary election year.

I chatted with the Bishop on Sunday.  After listing the logical reasons why, we discussed me being released from teaching Gospel Principles around the first of the new year.  (I figure I've given them plenty of time to find someone better equipped to do it.) It was with an enormous sense of relief that I left his office.  But I'm still nervous that they'll forget, though I vow to stay on top of this. It really is time for someone else to have a turn being nervous each Sunday.  :^)

The Husband is out of town next week and I'm already nervous about him returning home safe and sound.  My heart just feels deflated when he's absent.

Another gorgeous morning. 
A couple good things, though.  Yesterday afternoon's visit teaching appointment with our sister who doesn't attend church but is so gracious and welcoming to us when we visit in her home?  We mentioned a neighbor of hers (that she doesn't really even know who they are, they live up the street and around the corner just a bit) is in the hospital.  First thing she wanted to know was are we taking in meals?  She'd like to help with that.  Yes, totally warmed my heart.

And it was really good to see the little grandson on his birthday.  He's a happy little guy and just as cute as they come.  I actually took a video of him (on my phone and that's an impressive technology milestone for me!) giggling super hard over the huge balloon bouquet he was given.  Made us all giggle right along with him.

I am just baffled at my time.  I don't honestly know what I do with it but lately it seems I can't find enough of it.  I haven't had any serious reading therapy for a while.  We are getting behind again on our tv shows.  Last night we brought home a Netflix show we've been wanting to see (hearing all the hubbub about it) - the entire first season. I have a stitching project that's been partially completed for a couple months without a single added stitch.  And I'm having library withdrawal.  And seemingly no time to accomplish all I'd like to do, let alone all I need to do.  (And I think The Husband is feeling the same pressure.) However did I do it with all the kids still at home, and working, too?

But there are things to be grateful for.  The opportunity to practice the piano for a really fun occasion. The hope of a movie this coming Saturday after the baptism.  A nice beef roast that was affordable (they were on special at the grocery today) enough that it's currently residing in the crockpot for a luscious dinner.  I'm grateful for really good shoes to wear that make my feet feel better.  For doctors that treat feet (so hopefully our daughter's foot issues can be resolved and she can find freedom from her pain).  I'm grateful for beautiful sunrises.  For sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment