Another Weekend Bites The Dust

The weekend just went too fast. I can't even remember what we did on Friday.  I just know I'm being careful and diligent wearing my boot, trying to heal whatever it is that is going on with it. Though I do remember we went to a wedding reception friday night.  The day before the wedding.  It strikes me a bit odd that the reception happens before the wedding - what if one of them got cold feet and backed out at the altar?  I'm just saying....  It happens.
Since I'm not a fan of frosting on cake - which I ate at the reception to be kind - we treated ourselves to Culver's frozen custard on the way home.  I saw this sign on the wall and was quite taken with it. I've conquered many an item with my spoon!

Saturday I was invited to spend a minute vacuuming for a friend - she's sold her house.  It was a tender experience to sit and visit for a while after vacuuming.  I'm concerned about not seeing her enough since she's moving all the way downtown.  I'll have to be more dedicated about calling her and doing my part to keep in touch, she's important to me.

Friday morning sunrise on the mountains across the valley.  Lovely
Saturday afternoon we were treated to the movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them".  Our house builder's realtor wife purchased all the seats in the theater and we were lucky recipients of her generosity.  After a bit of introspection I think I've decided that I'm not really the target audience for fantasy (or science fiction).  (And maybe my mood had something to do with it.)  I didn't quite get to the point of enjoying the movie (found myself looking at my watch multiple times to see how much longer before it was over.  Not a good sign.) though it was nice to be out doing something fun.  And I didn't even have to fix dinner - YAY!

Yesterday was ward conference.  I was chatting with a friend/former Stake President and just point blank asked him what the purpose of ward conference was.  We verbally sorted through the possible reasons but his bottom line was he didn't really know.  But it's still good to be obedient.

Yesterday The Husband had three meetings in addition to our regular ward 3-hour block, two home teaching appointments and our home teachers visit.  He was tired.  And since he's not a fan of meetings on general principles (so many of his work meetings are unproductive) he was a trouper and didn't even complain about missing lunch. :^)

And we're finally getting some much need rain.  I've the tv on in the background at this moment, and the weather gal is calling it a gloomy Monday.  I think it's lovely.  I'm always so grateful for moisture that nourishes our world.

And I liked this article - he often writes things that resonate with me.

How To Live The Good Life

I'm grateful for a few minutes to clean out a garden in the crisp coolness of the morning.  I always dread the yard work though I know it always fills me with such a sense of accomplishment, even when the job is small.  I'm grateful to have that little job done.  I'm grateful for the growth and learning I've experienced this last year teaching Sunday School, but also grateful that it'll be over in a few weeks - they've someone else to do it for next year.  And grateful that the Bishop listened to me when I explained why it was time for a replacement.  I'm grateful for kind friends that include me in their lives.  And I'm grateful for a husband who seems as fond of hugs as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment