Almost Thanksgiving

And I think it's better to find ways to be thankful every single day.  I try, anyway.

This morning's walk was so pretty - cool but not cold, I spent some time in prayer and then just enjoyed the quiet (even forgot to listen to my iPod), I had the trail pretty much to myself.  I loved the way the cloud was nestled low on the south mountain area of our part of the valley.
It was a lovely morning for a walk.

We're having some friends over for dinner on Friday.  Had to run to Costco for the meat.  Am still not fond of the crowds, they give me the heebie-jeebies.  But, I was single-mindedly headed for the back of the store when I heard my name called.  Turned and after a second or two recognized a friend I haven't seen for probably 6 years or so.  It was a delightful surprise and I am so glad that he called out to me.  (In actuality, I'm surprised he recognized my aging self.) We chatted for probably 20 minutes, moving our carts several times because of all the people there that were truly shopping and not merely talking.

I am a teensy bit anxious about our new Thanksgiving tradition.  I hope it all works out, everyone comes, everyone gets along, and I can manage to keep myself together.  Watching tv last night was therapeutic for me - it was mentioned on a show that all across the country families are gathering to share an uncomfortable dinner together.  That's what we do on Thanksgiving, be uncomfortable together.  Yeah, that hard laugh was definitely therapeutic.

Today I'm thankful for a new tradition. For inspiration from unlikely and unexpected sources.  For long-ago friends that notice you and call out so you can connect for a few minutes.  For my morning walks that keep me grounded, centered and aware of the beauty around us.  For shoes that help my feet and for hope that my feet will be pain-free at some future time.

No comments:

Post a Comment