Sometimes My Life Is Odd

And I know that I'm a fairly independent thinker, am generally quite reluctant to follow the crowd. Still, you'd think I'd "fit in" better than I do.

Was at Target.  Wanted to make a purchase.  It rang up regular price.  The sign on the rack said 40% off.  When questioned, the employee said, oh that's 40% off when you use the Cartwheel app on your phone.  Mentally I'm saying, oh crap - the world doesn't revolve around our phones quite yet.  Or does it?  Out loud I said, oh, I don't have that app.  She did her best to convince me it's easy to install (of course it is) and they don't send any info or anything like that, it's just coupons. Yeah, I'm sure.

So, I paid full price and am grumpy about it.  I don't want ten million apps on my phone.  (Don'tcha know your phone is meant to be lived on, accessed every single second of your life, saves you tons of money?) I guess that means I'm mentally old. I try to be current on stuff.  But seriously, is there no limit?

Love those clouds.
(And I try really hard to be positive here with my thoughts.  But sometimes a woman just has to have her say!)

And speaking of phones, I made another stop.  To purchase something.  I walked in, stood there.  And stood there.  And stood there.  Finally I pulled my phone from my pocket and called the number of the establishment.  Sure enough, the manager came hotfooting it over.  I told him it was me calling, that I figured that way they'd see I could use some help.  He apologized.  And was kind.  I think it's kind of funny.  And actually am a teensy mite pleased at myself for figuring out how to get some help without shouting out loud to the whole world that I needed it.

And the skies / clouds this morning?  Yes, absolutely beautiful.  The best part is I've had the trail almost completely to myself the last few mornings.  And it is fabulous.

Today I'm grateful that I've got some Christmas wrapping done.  That I can stay home all day tomorrow and work on my lesson.  That dinner is in the crockpot (my favorite kind of meal).  That I have a phone I can carry with me everywhere.  And I'm grateful that Christmas (at least that gifting thing that is becoming such a challenge for me) will soon arrive.  Hopefully the recipients of our fussing and worrying will be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment