Frustration

So, I'm starting out the year with some residual frustration.  That carried over from 2016.  And I think things should just work the way they're supposed to.  Shouldn't they?

We had a fairly quiet New Year's - I dragged The Husband off for our traditional (though still new in the making) walk around the neighborhood) to bring in the new year.  We don't ever have to worry about missing it - the fireworks going off around us are a clear signal.

We got to spend a bit of time with our youngest grandson and his parents - a delightful couple of hours full of hugs and fun.  And I love the handknit slippers, they indicate care.

And church yesterday?  Sacrament meeting was interesting.  They did a "worship through the hymns" meeting where the meeting was opened up for the congregation to come to the microphone (if they wanted) and tell their favorite/most meaningful/special hymn and why and then choose one or two verses for us to sing.  Since it was my month at the organ, I sat there on the bench for an hour and sweated bullets.  My hands were icy cold with nerves but I was burning hot with nervous energy.  I was so afraid I'd mess up.  And mess up I did.  One time I even started the introduction in the wrong key (forgot to look at the key signature). But people were kind, there were sweet words shared and everyone sang along as though I was playing perfectly.  There's something good and uniting that happens when people sing together. It benefits everyone (except those poor souls sitting at the organ hoping they'll be able to play whatever hymn is "sprung" on them).

He's a Good Man.
I tried to give a magazine subscription to a friend for Christmas.  I worked on this online for over an hour. And weeks later discovered it didn't work.  So I phoned.  Was assured the year-long subscription was now ordered and everything was fine.  Then discovered I was charged twice.  In the process of resolving this, I spoke to 2 different companies, five different people, received 4 different stories (from customer service people who are paid to handle subscriptions) and was ready to hurl my phone across the street.  The Husband finally had to leave the room.  My emotions were a verging on over-the-top with frustration. It shouldn't have been that hard.

And now, I'm holding my breath to see if the refund actually works.  Or if things will still be mucked up and require further intervention.  At this moment I'm not fond of intervention.

And I shouldn't have tried to do this today.  The only day The Husband has had off work for the holidays.  The one he wanted to just take it easy with no pressure, not with an upset wife.  Sigh...I have so far to go to figure out life.

I'm grateful today that I pushed for getting some seeds and suet for the birds.  The Husband has so loved having them around, and keeps a close eye on the feeders.  A small bright spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment