What A Day....

Up and off first thing (didn't get my morning walk which makes me not quite as chipper as I like) to the dentist.  My mouth is finally fully awake, no longer numb.  He put the new crown on and fixed that leaky filling.  Was in and out in about half an hour.  That should have been a good omen.  Not quite.

At lunchtime was fixing my smoothie.  Did it like I always do, pulsed the carrot and apple first.  Then hit the smoothie button.  Next thing I know, the blender is jittering across the counter, and then smoke is rising.  Quick as I can, I hit the power button.  The smell of hot burning plastic is nasty.  The smoothie tastes like hot burning plastic (it's a good think I took only a teensy cautious sip).  It goes down the drain.

And my sweet husband?  He jumped on that so quick I didn't have time to do it myself.  The good news?  The blender is warranted for 8 years and we've only had it about three I think.  They're sending out a replacement jar (The Husband thinks the base/motor part is still good). I can do without my lunch smoothies for a week or so.

Then, was going to practice the piano.  Pulled out my bag from Sunday.  The hymnbook is in there, I pulled out my scriptures yesterday when I read them.  But...no glasses.  My special-prescribed/made glasses for that distance from the piano (or computer) are missing. We'll be heading over to the church in a bit to see if they're there.  I'm praying.

I daren't cook dinner.  I seem to be a bit of a hazard today.  As soon as The Husband gets home from his quick meeting, and we check the church for my glasses, we're going somewhere to eat.  Someone else can do the preparation today, I'm scared to.

And I'm so grateful for good warranties.  For a husband who is so careful about taking care of me. That blessing could never be overstated.  However did I manage to find him? I'm grateful for texted pictures of grandsons.  And for giftcards to pay for tonight's dinner out. It'll be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment