Almost The Weekend

And I couldn't really say where the week went, nothing really memorable happened.  Just maybe that's a good thing, I'm not fond of too much excitement.

I found my glasses, and can practice the piano again.  Sunday's church will be my last organ and piano day for a few months.  I understand our sister missionaries are going to sing in Sacrament meeting, I'm looking forward to that.
Last one.  :^(

I've done some stitching.  It's been a while.  And every time that happens and I actually get back to it I'm reminded how very much I enjoy it.

The Husband finished off his box of Rebecca's cherry cordials from Christmas - a momentous occasion.

I've been inside on the treadmill most of the week because of slippery pavement.  I'd rather sacrifice my outdoor experience and be on the treadmill than risk a broken - well a broken anything.

My empty wastebasket
I think I mentioned that I've rearranged things on my desk.  That included tidying up and emptying the wastebasket.  Funny how such a simple little thing as an empty wastebasket can make the entire room feel fresh and clean.  I love things that feel fresh and clean.

The laundry has been done, dinner planned for tonight, garage swept (at least as much as I could sweep), I've had a haircut, been to lunch with my visiting teachers (oh, how I've longed for some really good friend-visiting teachers), stopped at the library, vacuumed and I'm ready for some weekend fun.  Wonder how we can manage that?

Our lovely mtn (ignore the light, I couldn't avoid it).
I was reading this morning in the Church News about someone who was unable to eat - so couldn't take the Sacrament and how it was brought to her to mentally partake of those sacred emblems.  The story touched my heart.  How I love this church.

We take so much for granted in this life. At least I am guilty of that.  How grateful I am for reminders of all that we are so abundantly bestowed by our creator.  I'm grateful today for some actual sunshine, and the way our local snow-covered mountain looks with cloud draping. I am grateful for daughters who reach out with texts to just connect.  I'm grateful for hobbies I enjoy, for being greeted with warmth and welcome when I return home.  And for chocolate cookie bites from Corner Bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment