Peaceful Thursday

Woke up this morning and decided to just stay cuddled next to my sleeping husband for a while. That's an unusual way for me to begin the day.  Pretty soon my wakefulness wouldn't allow me to stay under that warm comforter any longer and I decided to go for a walk anyway, even though it was much later than usual.  

To my delight, The Husband grabbed his clothes, jacket and gloves and said, let's go!  So off we went - the two of us - on my morning walk.  It was so beautiful out - the moon hadn't yet set, but the brilliant blue sky trimmed in white clouds was the perfect frame for it.  We wandered down the trail to return a book to the library and took the long way home.  When we finally walked in the door it felt like time for lunch!
Yes, that's the moon up there in that beautiful morning sky.

The Husband has had the entire week off - some days from December they were supposed to take (but couldn't because of the work deadline) plus one vacation day and one Monday holiday (coming up) and it'll be ten straight days of together-ness with no real obligations.  He mentioned that his personal goal was to take me out to eat at least once each day and he's pretty much fulfilled that. (That's the kind of goal I can get behind - and totally enjoy!)  This time has convinced me that we could easily enjoy retirement together.

And I've begun a book that was recommended.  So far, so good, I hope it continues to live up to its promise.

I'm grateful today that the young man from our ward has been returned safely to his family.  (I have so fussed over this since I heard.) I'm grateful for the luxury of eating out, for company on my morning walk, for something good to read and for BYU Women's Conference to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment