Almost The Weekend

Yesterday's sunless sky.
I honestly don't know where the days go.  I've gotten a few things done.  But mostly, I've stewed and fussed in my head over things this week.  That's likely why the days have all blurred together.

I had to take a picture from the front porch yesterday.  It rained.  The whole day.  (Not a usual occurrence for Draper, usually it rains in fits and starts.  This was steady all day long.Yesterday's picture shows just grey where the blue sky should be. Which kept me from my morning walk on the trail.  While I totally understand what a luxury it is to have a treadmill to walk on inside when it's uncomfortable to walk outside, it doesn't do quite the same thing for my head/mind/heart that being outside to greet the sun does for me.

Pretty weeping tree.
It was clear this morning so I eagerly headed out.  And yes, I'm feeling much better thank you. The neighbor down the street has these two weeping trees that have been so lovely.  They even smell good. But the rain did a number on the blossoms, the ground below was carpeted with them. Still, they're pretty.  And I can't help but notice, when I'm out and about, how green the trees are turning and how colorful most of the grass looks.  Even now, I hear the sounds of the mowers and blowers from next door. It may still be March on the calendar, but our world is proclaiming "Spring!"

We've managed to knock a few things off our ever-present to-do list.  Only to find them replaced with other things.  Hopefully tonight we'll meet with the guy that's going to do the deck off the back. When we had the concrete steps taken out it was with the knowledge that we'd have to do a deck, can't open the door and step down 20".  (Of course, as usual, I resist spending money but in this case it truly is necessary.)  If the deck guy does as nice a job as his previous job pictures show, I'll be quite pleased.  Fingers are crossed.

Row of lovely blooming trees.
And if I'm lucky, the weekend will include at least a few moments of fun.  What that fun would be I can't possibly imagine.  But I'm looking for it.  We'll have our son, daughter-in-law and little grandson up for dinner on Sunday and that will undoubtedly be delightful.  We don't often get to see them, it's actually been a few months.  I hope they'll like the food.

I'm so grateful that we have some children that seem to care about us.  I'm grateful for morning walks outside (and for treadmills that make indoor walks at least tolerable).  I'm grateful for furnaces that keep us warm even when I think it should be time to turn them off.  I'm grateful for friends that stop by to visit.  And today, especially, for spring sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment