Sneezing!!

Watching the news last night they talked about allergies.  If you're suffering right now, they said, it's the trees.  I never knew that I was allergic to tree pollen/blooms.  I've sneezed through my morning walks, through the night, through the afternoon and whenever it's at all breezy - which it almost always is here in Draper.  The sinus rinse helps some, but I've still had to resort to the prescription (leftover from last year - I'm not going to the doctor unless it is unavoidable) nasal spray.  It's beneficial, but makes everything taste and smell like chemicals.  (When I complained to the ENT about this he said I had a choice:  suffer with the allergies or suffer with the side effects.  He wasn't at all sympathetic, and I'll not see him again.)

Future beautiful peonies!
Between here and the grocery is a large pond where the geese and ducks live (lots and lots of them).  They're such beautiful creatures (though I don't admire their mess).  Yesterday on my way home from the grocery I noticed an older couple sitting on a nearby bench, he had his arm around her shoulders, they looked relaxed and settled in for a while. I couldn't help but smile to myself - how idyllic it looked to sit on a bench and enjoy the beautiful day, the lovelies of nature and enjoy each other's company with apparently no constraints/demands/schedules.  It was a sweet moment.

I dislike when things don't work as they should.  The Husband is even now on the phone with a chronic problem we have between our doctor's office and the insurance company.  He's getting the runaround for sure. No one wants to take responsibility and therefore no one is able (or inclined) to help. Since we rarely go to the doctor (this particular issue is from August of last year) it crops up just often enough to be super annoying.  The Husband is incredibly patient with all of this.  I just get mad. They should all just do their jobs right and not demand so much of The Husband's time to fix it.

So Saturday we were out in the yard.  I took a picture of the buds on the bleeding hearts down in the amphitheater. On account of the rain, I was on the treadmill this morning, facing the window when the sun brightened the day.  And I swear - those bleeding hearts have doubled in size in just the last three days.  I love to see the re-birth of the world in the spring.  It gives me hope.

Today I'm grateful for The Husband's dedication in taking care of us, for all the effort required to maintain us on an even keel (as much as is possible in life). I'm grateful for this beautiful world.  For my treadmill.  And for Puffs tissues.  My nose is happier with softness during sneezing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment