A Whole Week

Johnny Jump-Ups/Temple Square
It's been a whole week since I had any thoughts important enough to record here.  The time lapse is due in part to our having a much welcome/needed visit from our living-out-of-town daughter and her family.  How delightful it was to see them.

Trees/Temple Square
We've been busy doing busy things.  Nothing of any consequence, just getting through life.  We had Stake Conference which was inspiring.  People lead such interesting lives and have such engrossing experiences to relate. We've worked in the yard, had the deck off our bedroom (finally) finished up. We've eaten out, eaten in and shared some delightful conversations, walks and excursions. I've received hugs and encouragement. I've been tense and slightly relaxed.  And now, I think I'm a little tired.  :)

Geraniums
I'll include some pictures.  The tree against the sunrise was from a morning walk I took with our granddaughter. How fun to have a walking companion. The flowers are almost all ones that grace Temple Square with their beauty (except for the dark pink, those are on a tree over in the park).  I am the recipient of this potted geranium that looks right at home on the front porch.
No Power!!

Today started out early retrieving our daughter's car from the repair shop (it was hit in the parking lot at the library - so very sad), then it was saying farewell to our family as they headed home, cleaning up the bathrooms/house, and anticipating the fore-warned power outage (they're widening a street near us which has necessitated moving power poles and lines, thus the power outage for the switchover).  Something happened during the power outage to our internet.  Thank heavens for wi-fi!

Sunrise/looking west
And I have had some thoughts - ones about obedience and reverence for the good in others.  I've thought about pleading for blessings from Heavenly Father that sometimes must resemble (to Him) a kid having a temper tantrum, and wanting those pleadings to reflect my desire to do His will. I've thought about safety/protection that comes from living the gospel.  And how that gospel blesses our lives.

Lovely new deck, finally done.
Today I'm so grateful for family visits.  For family members who seem happy to be part of our family. We're absolutely ordinary, but family none-the-less.  I'm so grateful we don't completely and totally embarrass our kids with our lack of interest in all things trendy, our aging and somewhat less than graceful bodies and our possibly antiquated perspectives.  (And if we do embarrass them, I'm grateful that they don't make it obvious.) I'm grateful for times when my cooking efforts are more (rather than less) successful, for leftover ice cream in the freezer and something to cook for dinner (I wasn't at all anxious to be doing errands today). I'm grateful for the hope of sunshine tomorrow to balance out the rain today.  And for good shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment