Lonesome

May and June seem to be busy months.  The Husband is in CA already today and I'm lonesome for him.  This will be a short trip (thankfully), he'll be home for only a day and then we'll head out of town for a granddaughter's high school graduation (another short/quick trip).

Then he's home for just a week (a busy week filled with catching up and events) and then he'll head back to WWDC in CA for an entire week.  I'm already trying to steel myself for how long that trip will be.

And right now I'm a bit concerned about him.  He wrenched his back on Friday, aggravating a previous back issue and spent that day either in the recliner or flat down on the couch.  It hurts me when he hurts!  But we decided to spring the extra $50 for first class for his flight this morning and I think it was well worth it, doubt he'd have managed that flight all cramped in coach.

Yummy / sinful breakfast!
So our weekend was more low-key than usual.  The Husband prevailed on the good grace of our grandson to help him in the yard for a bit and accomplished the one thing that has been weighing heavily on him - there never seems to be enough time to accomplish all he needs/wants to do around here.

We did manage to fit in a movie though The Husband wasn't quite comfortable enough to totally enjoy it (though a movie was his response when I asked him what thing he'd most like to do on Saturday) and we both were grateful the theater has recently upgraded the seats, the new ones are better for his back.  We treated ourselves to our favorite pizza.  And spent the evening resting his back.

See those worn through holes? :^(
And I discovered my favorite pajama bottoms (been wearing them about 12 years) have worn out. They're washable silk and I somehow expected them to last forever.  I love the feel of silk clothing (though my experience wearing it is limited).  I spent a bit of time on the interwebs trying to find a replacement but refuse to pay the big bucks.  (I think the only reason I bought these was that they were on a clearance, I'm not big on spending lots of money for clothes.)  So while I'm sad they're worn out, I'm so glad I got to enjoy them all these years!

And this morning?  The Husband left around 4:30 for his flight. After trying unsuccessfully to get back to sleep I headed out on the trail for my walk - lovelovelove getting out there just a bit earlier, the trail is much emptier.  After dropping some must-go-out-today letters at the post office, I maneuvered my route home past Corner Bakery and came home with this breakfast treasure.  Their chocolate croissants are absolutely heavenly and just the right size (and price $1.49 + tax).

I'm grateful for daughters who keep in touch, for the ability to fast and pray for divine help.  I'm grateful for those who offer Priesthood blessings when they see a need.  For those who are willing to step forward and help with meals (and other compassionate service).  And today especially, for the sunshine.  The peonies are lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment