Post Holiday Weekend

So The Husband made it safely home from his office trip.  I was elated to have him home.  He had one night here, then we were up early and headed to our daughter's place (out of state) for our granddaughter's high school graduation.

Yup, that's salt as far as you can see.
What a fun time we had.  It was wonderful weather (I'm glad I'm old enough to remember to pretty much always take some sort of sweater with me, I need it more often than not), the 8 hour (each way) drive was totally uneventful (YAY for us!), we ate our way through the drive (actually through the trip) and are so very glad we went.  We love to see our family that lives further away than is convenient.  :^)

We didn't even hit as much traffic as we expected to.  How nice to have a good road car.  I'm not really good with road trips - sitting in the car for long periods of time is hard for me.  We finished 2 books on CD and made it a priority to stop and walk for a few minutes at most rest stops. I had to post this picture of the "No Household...including tires" sign, with a discarded tire propped up on it. Totally ironic.
Add caption

We stopped for the first time to walk on the Salt Flats - in all our 40+ years of marriage and driving through that area, we've never actually walked out on the salt (at least that we remember).  We're still cleaning the salt off the bottom of our shoes.
Perfect for a little nap.

Yesterday was a recuperation day.  I needed a day to not be in the car going somewhere.  We really need and want to go see our son and his family in their newly purchased home, we're so pleased for them! And are anxious to go.  Yesterday we just couldn't manage to work it out.  The Husband spent most of the day working in the yard, digging the trench (50 feet) for the wiring for the veggie garden sprinkler and successfully completing his task.  He took a much need rest/nap in the lawn chair under the tree.  His back needed a break. He does work very hard for us.

Luxurious gift! Thank You!!
Some sweet soul sent me a surprise gift!  I opened a package the other day to find a new set of silk pajamas.  I know how expensive they are - wow, that was so totally generous! I spent last evening hemming the bottoms so I can wear them.  What a huge luxury!!!

And today it's back to the routine, The Husband (and most people) are back to work, I'm endeavoring to arrange for meals - in my capacity as compassionate service.  I've got a fresh pile of ironing to tackle along with a trip to the grocery and vacuuming.  I love being home, I am a true home-body.

I'm grateful for the ability to head out on a road trip whenever we need and can arrange it.  I'm grateful for those who watch out for our house while we're away.  (Even though it was only three days it felt like we'd been gone for a week!) I'm so grateful for family members who text us pictures of the grandchildren so we feel involved in their lives. I'm grateful for generosity, even though it's often a bit of a challenge for me to be on the receiving end of such generosity.  And I guess in some way I'm grateful that Corner Bakery quit selling their yummy chocolate croissants - they were too too tempting.

Today's a beautiful day.  I'm grateful for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment