Another MidWeek

Tuesday's sunrise.
And it's a strange week.  There are hours long stretches when I'm here in the house completely alone. Not my favorite.

High water at the bridge.
Yesterday morning I walked what I call "the library" route, takes me over to the city park.  I had to take a picture of the sunrise and the bridge over the creek in the middle of the park.  The creek is running high, normally there at the bridge you might see a few inches (if that) of water.  I'd say there's at least a couple feet there by the bridge.  It's all the heat we're having, melting the snow in the mountains.  Yesterday's high here at the house was 97 degrees.  We reached the same today.

Sad to say, we've only spotted the oriole once.  I saw one a couple miles from the house in a field, but none here in the yard.  Sigh...    Those crummy starlings, though, are flocking too much around our house.  I even moved the suet hoping it would take them a while to find it again and not be in our yard so much.

I also spent some time yesterday morning working in the roses.  I love roses.  This little vase full is only a sampling of the ones I could have brought in.  Fresh flowers indoors - a huge luxury!!

Was scheduled to go to lunch today with a friend.  It fell through. And it's fine, that's the way life works.  It freed me up to make my lunch a lunner - I really like having my main meal halfway through the afternoon and then not really having any more food until the next morning.  I wanted a salad so I took a deep breath and headed to Zupa's.  The salad was ok, just left me wanting - well - more (their offerings often seem mediocre to me).  Then I realized I had gift cards to Wild Zucchini where I could have had a much superior salad.  And yes, now I'm craving Wild Zucchini.  I know where I'll be tomorrow.

And I ran over to Hobby Lobby.  I like going there.  I rarely spend much, most of it is just "stuff" and heaven knows we don't need more "stuff".  (Today's goal was to restock my gift bag supply and what do you know? They were all on sale for 50% off!)  I love wandering their aisles, looking at the signs. They always have such fun signs, had to take a picture of a few of them.


My lunch plans were with a ward friend.  I told her I was just grateful she was willing to go to lunch with someone old enough to be her mother. She's such a sweetheart.  Often, lately, The Husband and I find ourselves almost apologizing for being old.  And I am determined to re-think that attitude.  We've had a lovely life together.  Even though sometimes it feels like a few people around us are holding their breath waiting for that switch to flip that renders us immediately senile, we are fully with it. Perhaps not quite as quick-witted, and definitely not as limber in body as we used to be.  But we have lots of life left in us and I don't plan to apologize any more for being life experienced.  I'm grateful to have walked life's path hand-in-hand with my bestest.  It's a blessing never taken for granted. We might not have ever achieved what the world would call great success (financial, material, fame) but we've had a grand time trying to do Heavenly Father's will and hopefully succeeding at least in a small way at that.  And that (trying to do Heavenly Father's will), I'm convinced is way the better goal.  We shall keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment