Gonna Be A Bit Of A Tough Week

The Husband is in CA at WWDC.  And I'm here in the house completely alone. What an odd feeling that is.  I have definitely decided that I wouldn't do well living all alone.  And I respect those who do.

The Husband apparently did some thinking - he asked me to take him to the airport this time instead of driving out and leaving the car in a park and ride lot. Which I was happy to do.  In fact, I'm thinking my Friday evening will be much more pleasant driving out to pick him up instead of sitting at home being anxious with every text at how long it seems to take him to get home once his plane has landed.  I'm already looking forward to Friday!

YAY, a small bill to pay!
And I have to share this picture of our latest power/electricity bill.  Our solar array isn't near as big as we'd like, but you work with the roof space you have.  We figure we've enough to eliminate that top expensive tier of KW hours from our bill.  Circumstances aligned this last month - between trips and weather that allowed no use of either furnace or air conditioning - we actually over-produced on our solar power.  That $8.97 bill actually just covers the account maintenance fee. I don't remember ever ever ever having that happen before, and I love it!

We did get a bit of a field trip on Saturday.  With only a little persuasion (he's such a good sport!), The Husband drove me to Ogden to a needlework shop that I love, but have only been inside once before, many years ago. I visit them online a lot, but a two hour (round trip) drive is just too far to do very often.  I spent some of my own little personal stash of cash on a kit.  I'm only having a little buyer's remorse (it was pricey and luxurious and I wonder if I'll ever actually stitch it- but at least I have it should the desire strike) which I'm hoping will dissipate soon.  

Today I'm grateful that I've already got one sleep under my belt with only 4 more sleeps to go before The Husband is home again. I'm really grateful for air conditioning - even though it's only the 5th of June it was 82 degrees out at 1 a.m. I'm grateful for a coupon for a free sweet at Corner Bakery which I plan to redeem in a couple hours. I'm grateful for a new project to start, a good book to read and a friend-lunch to enjoy mid-week .  Even though I'm alone, all in all - I'm mostly content (though lonesome) and that's a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment