It's Still Stunning

It seems like every time I walk outside I have to just stop and stare at the fall beauty around us. The trees are at their autumn finest.

So today I only have one picture. I haven't been taking as many for some reason.  But Saturday we worked out in the yard for a bit, I did the fall rose pruning.  That means these are the last blooms of the year.  I love to just stick my nose in them and inhale.  And fresh flowers in the house always brighten the room.

The Husband is off to CA for a couple days.  He'll leave this afternoon and come home late tomorrow.  How grateful I am that he'll only be gone for one sleep.  Then we'll have an overnight trip together a bit later while we attend the wedding of a coworker of his.  Not often we get invited to actual weddings - this will be so interesting for us. 

I've been asked to speak in Sacrament meeting in two weeks.  For five minutes.  And I'm already anxious about it. I'm guessing I'll be the first one to speak (out of 4 speakers he said) so I think of myself as the "warm up act".  Which means that people won't be paying too much attention to what I say.  Maybe I can erect a screen between me and the congregation to ease my nerves?

Had occasion to drive the new car in the dusk last night.  Got to see the "steering responsive headlights" in action.  Kinda fun.  I'm still reluctant to drive the car much. But it is way fun.

Today I'm thankful for enough mileage points and car rental points that drastically reduce our little overnight trip to CA for the wedding.  I'm grateful for birthday #2 for our youngest grandson.  He's precious to us. I'm grateful for beautiful weather and a warm snug home.

No comments:

Post a Comment