Wednesday's Addendum to Tuesday's Thinking Stuff

• Watched a hawk, we think it was likely a Cooper's hawk in the yard the other day.  It had a dove under it on the ground and after quite some time began de-feathering it and eating it.  I know that's the nature of things.  Still, it was kind of hard to see.

• Did a quick run to Costco for a few things.  And yes, I knew what I was doing, going there the day before Thanksgiving.  I think Heavenly Father must have known how that kind of frantic atmosphere can make me jittery and anxious.  Ran into a couple of friends and had the most delightful 15 minute conversation.  It made the rest of the chaos more bearable.  Even the man checking us out was calm and collected.

• Visited a friend the other day.  She's got some serious challenges right now.  Early last year I gave her an orchid baby from one of my orchids.  Which bloomed on just the day she needed a bit of brightness.  And now, it's got another bloom on it.  Things are tough for her.  I'm so happy her orchid is blooming  (Mine hasn't bloomed since it had babies.  I must be doing something wrong!)

• Was directed to this blog post.  A very touching and thought provoking article.  Well worth a couple minutes of reading.

Eternally Grateful

Today I'm grateful for those who share experiences that touch my heart and inspire me to determine to be a better person.  I'm grateful for deep calming breaths.  I'm grateful for music in my life, for a husband who walks out to greet me on the trail and for pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment