Thinking Stuff

No pictures today.  I haven't been taking many.  Just want to mention a couple things that have been on my mind.

•  Still mulling over the sister in the ward from last week who said she thought it was sad that we had to worry about other people's feelings getting hurt.  I continue to think that ought to be a motivating factor in all our dealings with others.

•  Attended a meeting on Saturday (the time was 1:30 - 4:30 on a Saturday - really, three hours?!?) called a "Sisters Meeting".  It had been well publicized and the implication was that it was a "must-attend" meeting.  I felt a teensy bit manipulated and I dislike that feeling.  Was glad that a friend and I had decided to only stay for an hour.

• Movie and sandwiches after with a couple friends was the perfect ending to the day.

• Bought some splash guards for our new Forester. (It bugged me that there were screw holes left open / unfilled around the rear wheels.)  The Husband put them on with ease.  It can snow now.  Those holes are filled and salt, mud and moisture won't get up inside the wheel wells.

• Looking forward to Thanksgiving.  It's our second year for our new tradition - the Thanksgiving Breakfast Feast.  All invited have RSVP'd their acceptance.  I've done a couple trial runs of the breakfast dish I'm making, I hope they all like it.  I hope they're glad they came.  And I'm looking forward to a reduction of the usual stress and anxiety that so torments me on days like this.

• Have had a bit of laugh-about-it-in-the-future kerfuffle. With the software update on our computers, the old-ish printer didn't work, couldn't communicate with the new software and the manufacturer said the drivers are so old they weren't going to update them.  After days and days of debate and back and forth, The Husband finally bit the bullet and ordered a new printer, even got notification from Amazon of shipment. Then the manufacturer of the old printer followed up with several suggestions for re-establishing communication. (So impressive that they followed up more than once to solve our problem.  Makes us want to be a loyal customer!)  Which guidelines The Husband had, yes, already tried.  But he tried them again and whoa - the printer printed!  He's been growling about the timing.  Looks like we might be sending the new printer back? 

• I'm the neighborhood stability because I so rarely go anywhere.  The new neighbors next door are going out of town for the holiday.  I am the lucky one invited to bring in their mail and watch for packages that are to arrive while they're gone.  It's that label I wear on my forehead (along with the neon sign that signals I don't know how to do anything without instruction from certain personalities) that says "responsible and dependable" (I guess as long as I can figure out how to do it!)  :^)

• One of the four organists in rotation in our ward Sacrament Meeting has sold her house and expects to be gone by January.  That means instead of only 3 months a year, I'll be playing 4 months a year.  Too bad that the organ and I are always going to be enemies.

• Looked out the window yesterday to see a 9-year old child 20+ feet in the air clinging to the trunk of a tree in a neighboring yard. Yeah...boys.

I'm grateful today for so much.  For The Husband and the way he so consistently takes such amazing care of us.  For people around us that are kind, that greet us with hugs when we run into them outside our local movie house. For our beautiful world.  For mid-afternoon walks with The Husband and enough $$ to go to Costco and get some supplies.  For new recipes to try.  For a good furnace and washer and dryer. For a reliable car. And the hope that the holidays will be enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment