After The Weekend

It has been so wonderful having The Husband home again! We spent most of the weekend side-by-side.  I loved having some leftover sandwich makings for Saturday morning's breakfast: croissants with egg, ham and cheese (and of course the chocolate milk I had on hand) - yum!  We ran a ton of errands on Saturday, got most of Christmas taken care of.  Even managed to go out with some friends for a bite to eat.

Even though I wasn't really in the mood for socializing at church, I was obedient and went (I know that when I go to church regardless of my mood, it's always a good thing!) and was in a much better frame of mind after.
Yummy breakfast!  

And though it's only mid-December, we've an inversion setting in.  Between the bad air and the morning fog, it's with great trepidation that we venture out.  Tomorrow I just might do the treadmill instead - and wish I was outside!

Read this quote the other day and loved it: (Why am I the last person in the world to hear this?)

Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine. --Ludwig van Beethoven

I'm grateful The Husband is home from his trip.  I'm grateful for something good to read when I get a minute or two.  I'm grateful for kind words from others - especially when those words are kind about someone I care about.  I'm grateful for something to look forward to:  a haircut, an evening out, lunch with friends, and the bottom of my pile of ironing!  :^)n

No comments:

Post a Comment