Randomness

Last week the air was just yucky.  In the "unhealthy for all people" range.  It limited my morning walks and I sorely missed it.  But before the inversion got quite that awful, I managed to head over by the park one morning.  The only good thing about that kind of cold inversion is how pretty the tree branches are, all covered in frost.  These two pictures were the only good ones. Today it is sunny and 51 degrees out.  The warm before the storm that is supposed to hit tomorrow morning. We might end up having a white Christmas, but if so, it will be an "old" white not a fresh white.

We've a raccoon meandering around in the yard's still of the night. The neighbors have all been warned and a couple said they've traps that can be used.  I just want it to stay out of our yard and leave the birdies alone.  I know they're God's creations, too.  I prefer to co-exist in blissful ignorance of them.

At the park.
It is our ward's month to clean the church building again.  It seems to come around often, and of course, The Husband is always one of the first to sign up.  We spent Saturday morning over there cleaning and visiting (the visiting part is the fun).  Then headed over to Corner Bakery to use my 2 for 1 breakfast coupon.  After a bunch of errands (including the purchase of a BBQ grill that is a much delayed birthday gift for The Husband and hauling it home in the snow) we finally ended up at home where we simply relaxed for the evening.  I loved it.

At the park.
Sunday the teacher in R. S. was talking about her mother-in-law who is struggling with her health a bit.  The teacher managed - barely - to contain her tears of sadness at what the mother-in-law is going through.  I so envy those who have good relationships with their mothers-in-law or daughters-in-law.  I've tried.  Really I have.  But I can't do a relationship alone. With either the mother-in-law or the daughter-in-law.  Watching this sister who clearly has a beneficial relationship with her mother-in-law made me contemplative and yes, a bit sad. I do envy her.

Completed the piano/organ duet in Sacrament meeting on Sunday with not too many mistakes, only a couple small ones on my part and frankly, I don't know how the organist did, was too concerned with doing my best to bring the Spirit to the meeting.  People are so kind: several ward members mentioned how much they loved the music.  I truly know, however, that often they are just being supportive, that they noticed the flaws.  Hopefully in their kindness they are able to overlook the mess-ups enough that it didn't totally taint the overall result.
Raccoon prints in the snow.

Next project.  :^)
Was at lunch with a couple dear friends yesterday and was selfishly bemoaning my sense of being overwhelmed at all the compassionate service our ward has been involved in (and how much organization and oversight is required by me - the compassionate service leader).  I was stunned into awe at the response of these two women friends.  You know, she said, I'd be happy to help with some meals if you need help. (She lives 15 miles away in another city!)  And if you need help with the next funeral I can help with that, also, I've done a few in my time.  Her words were quickly echoed by the other woman there: she, too would help if I needed.  These ladies don't know any of the people we are serving in the ward.  But there you have it:  true Christianity in action.

And I've another project. A friend has a birthday coming up in January and I so wanted to do something nice for her special day.  I found some pretty yarn, not quite what I was looking for but still nice enough, and I"m going to knit a scarf for her.  I hope she likes these colors!

Today I'm so grateful for so many things.  For a calmer (most of the time) tummy.  For Christmas that is mostly done and the package we had to send already received. I'm grateful for 3 weeks of R&R for The Husband while he prepares to begin the next phase of his career.  I'm so grateful for his work ethic and the way he constantly takes such good care of us.  I'm grateful for errands done, for dinner in the crockpot (am thinking one of these days I might be interested in just trying out (not acquiring) one of those new Instant Pots to see if it might work for our eating/cooking style), bills paid and a new grill The Husband is going to try out as soon as he can make sure the propane doesn't leak.  I'm grateful that we've been invited for an evening of games (whenever all the schedules work out) with some friends.  I'm grateful for gifted fudge and emails from those that are important to me.  And for the Savior whose birth we celebrate that brightens the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment