Post Weekend

 Stepped out the door for our walk Friday morning and I mentioned to The Husband that it is the middle of the Orionids meteor shower.  Wouldn't it be lovely if we saw at least one?  We took our hats off and focused on the sky (I generally focus on the ground so I don't trip over something and fall flat on my face) and sure enough, pretty soon I saw one.  Then The Husband saw one (I caught it out of the corner of my eye) and then there was another.  I didn't ever know about meteor showers until after I was married.  It's still a thrill for me to see.  It's another perk of walking early in the morning before the sun peeks over the mountains and most everyone else is sound asleep. (Though we didn't see any this morning even though we were out early enough.)

Spent some time snipping and snipping on the raggy blanket our daughter asked for.  She provided all the supplies.  I provided the labor.  It's been a fun project.  I got everything all done and ready to go and decided this afternoon, spur of the moment, to take it to the laundromat for that initial, essential washing to create the raggy effect.  Hopped into the car, making sure I had the detergent, the color catchers (it was a very good thing I had those) my book and iPad for passing the time and enough money for the washer and dryer.

At the laundromat, I parked the car and asked The Husband if he'd grabbed the blanket.  No, you did, didn't you? (Of course, it was my responsibility, but I had only just realized that I'd forgotten the blanket.)  I'm still totally embarrassed that we had to drive all the way home to get blanket - the actual reason for going to the laundromat - and then back to the laundromat. Wasted nearly an hour doing that.  Still, 'twas fun to be together somewhere besides home.  And it took w-a-y less time than I expected to get the blanket washed, dried and brought home to surprise our daughter when she arrives home from work.  It's very fun.  I hope she'll be happy with it.  One of my biggest fears in life is disappointing someone.

Pretty, Pretty Cosmos
The other morning I took this picture of a field near home.  It is currently awash with cosmos flowers, most of them a couple feet tall.  And just captivating.  It wasn't quite light enough for a decent picture, but every time I see it I will be reminded of how pretty the flowers were.

It'll be an interesting week.  Exercise class today, car service tomorrow, trying a new soup recipe tomorrow in hopes it'll be good enough to take to my friend (she'll need it tomorrow, she's got a procedure in advance of her mastectomy next week) lunch on Wednesday, banking errand Thursday.  And a couple other things I've probably forgotten. I like when there's just enough to do, but not enough to feel overwhelmed.  I even managed to get all the laundry done early this afternoon.

Feeling gratitude today for accomplishing a few things that felt kind of big. Gratitude for kindness from a good-hearted soul at class today. Gratitude for change machines (for the washer and dryer) that work.  Gratitude for leftovers for dinner - and even more that we've never had food insecurity.  And gratitude for someone that never hesitates - not even slightly -  to welcome me in for a hug that I can feel all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment