Lots Of Thoughts

I remember back in 2009 when I started this little blog, I intended it to be a journal of sorts, a brief account of my thoughts through the day.  I only wanted it to be a sentence or two each time. How things have changed!!  Sometimes I'm w-a-y too verbose - and not only on my blog.  I do remember being told to shut up a lot at home when I was a child.  Not really at school, I don't think I've really ever been one of those who talk at lot when out and about.  Only at home.   But apparently I've had enough to say to keep this going for 15 years.  That's a long time.

So, an update on my dress for the temple.  I tried to replace it. It really bothered me to spend that much on a dress that wasn't sewn properly.  Ended up keeping the one I originally bought - it was less puckered than the replacement and every other dress that style in the store.  I rarely get new clothes, our old-people budget doesn't have much room for frivolous purchases no matter the category.  And I dislike spending that much for a dress in the first place.  But this one I'll live with.

Saturday morning at the storehouse, The Husband started sniffling and snuffling.  By Sunday morning I was convinced he had a cold.  He hasn't had a cold in several years so his protestations that "it doesn't feel like a cold" were of little value, it's been too long so he doesn't really remember what one feels like.  I was determined to avoid it.  Being together basically 24/7/365 means I was overly optimistic that I'd be unaffected by his cold.  Today is what I'm hoping is the worst day.  The Husband only had one or two quite  uncomfortable days.  My head is aching, and my teeth are aching which is usually an indication of a sinus/ear infection.  Dang it all.  I'm doin my best to tough it out - antibiotics and I aren't friends.

I asked for this style of candlewarmer for Christmas.  The Husband said it wouldn't get here in time so he didn't order it.  But it showed up a couple weeks ago.  I love candles, but am fearful of fires.  The other candle warmer I had heated from the bottom (got really hot on the bottom) so wasn't suitable for, well, anywhere that I wanted it to be. This one is fun, it not only heats from the top, it has a timer option.  I've been using candles I've had for years (one is so old it's a discontinued scent) and picked up another from WalMart.  I love the way the ones we're partial to (light floral, fresh air like ocean breezes or forests or rain) make the house smell.  A little luxury for which I'm very grateful.

I rarely answer my phone when I don't recognize the number.  Today I did.  It was the mortuary.  There's a funeral tomorrow and she said they're scrambling to find people to do the music.  Would I be interested in playing some prelude, postlude and two hymns?  She was quick to point out their pay schedule is new since I last played for them, but I don't care.  I was lovely to think I've a bit of money (what I call walking-about money) coming to spend however I like.  That's really a rarity.  

So today I've a few things to be grateful for.  A new dress (though imperfect) to wear to the temple and earning a bit of cash tomorrow helping people out.  (Truly I would do it for free to be kind, but the family pays the mortuary for the funeral services and this comes out of that so it's all good.)  I've a bit of hope that this cold will be only a memory in a few days.  And I'm grateful that there's ibuprofen in the cupboard, I'm going in to take some to hopefully ease this dreadful headache.  

No comments:

Post a Comment