A Bit Stressful

It's been a tad stressful - this week full of doctor visits.  I hope to not have a week like this again for quite some time. Tuesday was the annual physical, yesterday a four hour stint that felt like it took forever and today was the cyst removal from The Husband's thumb.  It's a bit of a challenge for him to remember to keep it elevated. 

I started a highly recommended book and decided it was just too sad for me.  I want to read some more of Emma Lion.  Later on will get to the last book about her that's currently published.  Right now it seems difficult to get motivated to do anything. (But I will get the bathroom fixtures cleaned and the downstairs sheets taken care of today.)

We've managed to get in some walks.  The flowering trees are showing their beautiful best at the moment.  Though with today's wind and tonight's (and tomorrow's) expected rain mixed with snow and colder temps I have my doubts as to how long they'll be so pretty. It was light enough out the other morning (yup, we were late getting off) that I managed to get a couple decent pictures. Though with the wind blowing the branches the one of the pink flowers ended up more blurry than I wanted.  I have no doubt I'll be taking more pictures over the season.

We didn't have time this morning to get in a walk, so we stopped at the mall near the doctor and joined the multitudes of other aging men and women doing their circuit walks inside where the climate is controlled.  Walking there only made me want to go inside the not-yet-opened stores and buy something. 😁 After the procedure we stopped in at Sam's club for one thing.  Walked out with five; but only bringing home five things showed amazing restraint.  We rarely go to Sam's, I have somehow always been more fond of Costco.  But it got us to walk around a bit more (The Husband's hand was still numb so he was ok to walk some) and see some new-to-us items.

Yesterday after the longlonglong appointment, we treated ourselves to some fish and chips at a place we rarely go.  It's a bit of a drive from home.  Such fun to see a Mom reading a book aloud to her two young-uns while they waited for their food to arrive. On a whim, we stopped at Kohl's on the way home to see if they had some sterling replacement hoops for the one that I lost.  I've looked all over the internet, but that apparently is an "older" style (i.e. out of style) that I can't find anywhere.  Kohl's had silver earrings on sale - buy one pair get the second half off.  So I came home with two pair of earrings.  Nope, don't need either of them, but I thoroughly enjoyed wearing one pair today.  And what a fun luxury to be able to buy them.

So, this afternoon, I'm grateful that it's Friday and the end of a complicated feeling week.  Grateful that the doctor's appointments are finished - at least until The Husband's follow-up on today's work.  Grateful to be home for the weekend, looking forward to General Conference and hoping for some serious encouragement and uplifting words.  I'm grateful for good medical care, for insurance to help pay for it and that we haven't needed too much of it over our 53 years of marriage.  Grateful, too, for those 53 years.  He's a keeper. 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment