Dreaded, Dang It and Done

Today was the much dreaded "Annual Wellness Visit" (or annual physical) with our primary care doctor.  I just really hate these things.  But today?  Not so much.  I quite like our doctor.  He's personable, and listens and today even cracked a joke.  I didn't feel like he was rushed nor did I feel condescended to.  I am grateful to not be on any prescription medications.  Felt like I had truly succeeded when my blood pressure was within decent ranges.  (I always feel like it's a test that I'm going to fail, and when it's high because I'm so tightly wound, then it gets worse because I get stressed and it's a vicious circle.)  He said he saw no reason to see either of us for another year.  Yay for us both!  And so glad the thing I dread so much turned out to be not so bad.

The "dang it"?  I lost an earring.  I have a drawer full of earrings I enjoy.  I tend to wear the same three or four pair over and over and this is one of those pair. I'm quite certain it is in the depths of our friends' car. (We went out with them tonight, they were anxious to drive this time, they've a new car.  I'm just thrilled and happy for them. )  At one point I thought I felt something hit my shoulder and fall down, but of course we couldn't find it or even glimpse it anywhere.  It's nowhere to be found.  I think I'll probably look for a replacement pair one of these days.  Not like I really need another pair of earrings.  But still, I'll probably want one.

And I finished a book that I was enthralled with.  One of a series: "The Unselected Journals of Emma M. Lion".  This was volume 6.  It's done and I'm anxious to read the next one.  Can't remember being so taken with an author, I love her use of words and imagery. I was sad to finish this one.  And there's only one more in the series for me to read before I'm caught up.  I hope she publishes the next ones in the series quickly.  I've read passages aloud to people, taken note of ones I want to remember and felt like Emma is a friend.  She's quirky and delightful and real.  

Went to another ward in our building on Sunday for Sacrament meeting.  A dear friend of ours (they used to be our next door neighbors) was speaking - she just returned from her mission on Friday.  Sat in front of another family we know - she was there with her 6 month old twins.  Didn't take long for me to ask to hold one of them.  This little baby girl is a cuddler and didn't seem to mind being with me.  She ended falling asleep on my lap and slept through the majority of the meeting.  That was just the most tender thing for me - that's two "baby fixes" for me in about a week's time.  Just lovely.

After what seems like weeks of rain and gray, dreary weather, it was so beautiful out today.  Mid 60's for the temp and endless sunshine. Not even any clouds that I remember.  The trees are budding out, most of the willows are green.  We've even a variety of daffodils that are blooming. The Husband keeps saying the lawn is telling him it's time for a cut - he got the mowing deck on the John Deere and is ready to go. I love the spring in Utah.  

I'm ready for a trip.  It feels like everyone around us has or is traveling somewhere.  Some of the known destinations are: St. Martins, Switzerland, Orlando, Thailand.  And I'm lucky if I get to downtown Salt Lake City. I think we should plan a bit of a road trip somewhere close enough to get to easily (in other words, not too many hours at a time driving) but far enough away that it feels like a vacation.  

I'm grateful today for kind friends who seem to enjoy getting together with us as much as we do with them.  I'm grateful for delivery of library books (they always seems to come at just the right time).  I'm grateful for loved ones (all of my family) that have a decent day at work.  So grateful for a good annual physical (and grateful that I seem to be pretty healthy).  Grateful for the beauty of a spring day.  And so very grateful that my spirits feel a bit lighter tonight. I just wish I had a picture or two to put on here.  I somehow doesn't feel quite right without.   

No comments:

Post a Comment