Concerns And Worries

And it feels like there's too many of them.  In our very small circle of people we associate with - either through church or wherever - it feels like there's way too much going on.  I pray for all of these people all the time and mentally worry and fuss about how to help.  Often times it feels like I'm no help at all; sometimes people are independent and don't want help or fuss and other times my abilities aren't up to the task.  Thus, the prayer.  Here's a partial listing of what's going on:

 - recently widowed friend

- non-smoker's lung cancer

 - recently diagnosed breast cancer

- brain so affected by previous cancers and the treatments it's nearly impossible for her to carry on a conversation

- alzheimer's:  ugly word, ugly diagnosis, ugly future

- previously undiscovered heart trouble necessitating a very quick (not quite emergency) triple bypass surgery with stent surgery to come in a few weeks

- chronic troubles from MALS

Each one of these people is dear to me and I wish so much to be able to take away their troubles.   Yeah, I know that's impossible.  But I would if I could.  I try to be available for help.  Perhaps that'll come and perhaps my desire will be felt / heard and will make a difference somehow.  I just don't know these days.

My ministering sisters came by for a visit the other day.  They both left a little Easter treat.  I had no idea you could cut a plain paper bag and make it look like a little bunny.  I really did stand in the wrong line in heaven, maybe the line for "creativity" was just too long and I was already avoiding crowds.  I know I feel like I got shorted in that arena. I remain grateful that for once I spoke up and asked for a couple sisters to be assigned to me that would see me.  I feel less invisible to these two. 

Yesterday we visited with a friend (one of those from the list above).  She looks good.  I hope they actually accept our offer to help with rides or errands.  And I finally finished crocheting the lap throw for one of my friends.  I'll see her this afternoon to deliver it.  I hope she likes it.  


Best part of yesterday:  we signed off on our taxes.  We have such a delightful woman to help us with our taxes every year.  It'll be hard for us when she finally decides to retire.  Her fee is a blessing, something we happily pay.  (When our previous tax guy quit giving us the "family and friends" discount, it went to almost double his original fee and hers is less than his original one.  We are grateful for that.) 

I'm grateful again today for some sunshine.  For the knowledge that we don't have to pay any income taxes again this year - that's a huge relief for me.  I'm grateful for the chance to practice some piano, that music truly feeds my soul.  

No comments:

Post a Comment