It's Always Drizzling

Field of daffodils
About the time I'm tired of the constant drizzle of troubles, I am in a situation where I am prompted to think about the constant drizzle of blessings.

Our neighbor across the street came home, they decided she would recover better at home until the next procedure which I thought was today.  At 7:30 or so this morning there was a firetruck and ambulance across from our house, she was transported to another hospital because of some pains.  Later, backing into our garage after our class, I noticed their car drive past.  The Husband was able to chat for just a minute (since they were barely getting home from the hospital he didn't want to bother them too much) and see that she's ok for now.  She's the healthy one over there, and needs to be around and fit to take care of her husband.  It was a relief to me to see that they're home, their daughter is there to help and that things appear somewhat calm for the moment.  They are only a couple years older than we are.  It's worrisome.

We've had issues with the icemaker on the new fridge.  The repair guy says it is not the fridge, it's the reverse osmosis unit on the water supply to the fridge.  The RO repair guy says we have the wrong kind of water purifier (and it is, of course, way too old to salvage) and must be replaced.  The estimate was unclear and inconsistent with what we discussed in person.  And they have not responded to pleas for clarification.    So we made an executive decision.  We'll stick with the current RO unit, work with the icemakers in the fridge and just make do.  (At what point is someone going to decide that  am way too old and beyond salvaging and just get rid of me?)

Close-up of the daffodils
And there are lists of things to do.  As soon as I complete one or two, there are several new ones to add.  But,  tomorrow is the first day of spring.  I love spring in Utah.  I love the way things are rarely the same too many days in a row.  I love the sunshine that isn't too hot.  I love the grass greening, the trees budding and the flower bulbs popping.  We went to the temple the other day - I was astonished to see the daffodils blooming amongst the snow.  Somehow it caught me unaware. Then, walking to church yesterday I noticed these pretty purple crocus. We have a few bulbs coming up and the iris and the mums that I tried to overwinter again.  Not sure how many years I'll be successful at that, but it doesn't really hurt anything to try.

Pretty purple crocus
So the drizzle of blessings begins with an awareness of the beauty of the world in this new season.  I also feel blessed to be able to have these appliances that help make our home comfortable.  I'm grateful for the ability to pay for all of them.  I'm grateful that so far our neighbor is doing ok.  I dread the thought of yet another funeral. I'm grateful for a class to go to at a rec center that our insurance pays for, that I feel free to attend (or not) whenever I want.  I'm grateful for a friend that is comfortable enough with me to ask me to check on something at Costco for her (she doesn't have a membership) - that feels good to me.  And I want to always feel gratitude in my heart, hope in the future and have the Spirit of the Savior to guide my every action.  

No comments:

Post a Comment