Cute

 Was sitting in the den with The Husband on Sunday afternoon when there was a tap at the front door.  Our cute little neighbor was making a delivery to me from one of my ministering sisters.  How clever she is. I loved this.  (Of course, there were a couple more "coins" but we ate them.😋) Cute card bordered in green and all contained in a small green bag, so very fun.

It's nice to have a couple ministering sisters who actually act like I matter.  

Thought we were having a slower week this week, and I guess it is, marginally.  Today will be class at the rec center - my friend couldn't go on Monday so I'm taking this chance to see what the Wednesday class is like.  It'll be fun! Tomorrow they're coming to fix (theoretically) the ice maker in the freezer section of the fridge.  Fingers crossed for success.  Friday is haircuts, temple and out with our friends.  So grateful for them both!

I'm feeling anxious still about our taxes (hope we find out soon) though we managed to pay for the year's annual service on our trees.  It's so dang expensive I wonder every year if it's worth it.  The trees are aging and I think The Husband would like to take a couple of them out. But we love them.  The cost is daunting.  I'd rather be spending that money on a trip or some clothes or something else fun. 

Late last night we received a text informing us that our neighbor across the street was just then going in for heart bypass surgery.  We didn't even know she was having trouble. (Her husband is our ministering brother.) I am anxious to hear today  how things are.  I'm sure they're inundated with texts and phone calls.  His health is fragile and precarious, she's been the "do-er" in the family. I'm worried.

Grateful today to live in this little corner of the valley.  We rarely have those "wind events" that sometimes happen - and are predicted to hit the northern end of this metropolitan area tonight.  Grateful for a class to go to that will help me feel healthy.  So grateful that we have people to help us with things like our taxes, our home maintenance and our medical needs.  Today will be a day when I work hard to maintain a chipper, cheerful countenance.  Which means I'm grateful for every chance to repent and do better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment