End Of Week Thinking

It isn't often lately that I think about the week just ending with a sense of contentment.  Today I can say I do.  We had stuff going on every single day, but not overwhelmingly so, just the right amount of stuff.  

- We saw a movie.  Such fun to actually go to a theater, even if the movie was on the "odd" side.

- We actually managed to acquire all our tax documents and dropped them off to our CPA tax preparer.  We only see her once a year but it's always pleasant.  Her house is up the hill from the under construction temple, she has a lovely view.  Fingers are crossed and apprehension is marginally under control as I contemplate the huge sum I suspect we'll have to pay with our tax return.

Lindon Temple

- Saw one of our finance guys to get our RMD paper signed and all the little issues resolved.  I feel like we'll be getting a "raise" because some of the money will come in just at the right time for the property taxes, so I won't have to save so much through the year.  That's a sense of "burden slightly lifted".

- Went to a Senior Service Missionary Conference.  Pretty much what I expected as far as content.  But still, it probably is best for us to be obedient.

- Visited with our friend (after a Costco (yikes, expensive!) run) and had a lovely visit.  I might be assigned to be her ministering sister, but I'm the one that always comes away uplifted.

- Managed to get quite a few rows on the crocheted throw finished.  I hope she likes it.

- Received the money from our account so we can pay for our upcoming trip.  Another sigh of relief that the money will be enough.  

- The service on the circulating hot water pump appears to be successful and we weren't charged (and rightly so) for the fix.  Also got the lock on the front door (Thanks, My Love) fixed.  And finally (after about 2-3 years of looking) found a new pair of Sunday shoes. Those were little things that mostly are just annoying when they don't go right but engender such a feeling of relief when they do go right.

One of my long-time favorite hymns has been on my mind a lot lately.  The music is lovely, but more important to me are the lyrics.  I love them.  It is sort of a pledge to follow our Creator and try to please him with our desires and actions.  At our missionary conference the other night, it was the opening song.  Then Elder Clayton (Area Seventy) included the words in his remarks.  That was probably, for me, the validation that I was where I should be that night, particularly when I went with dragging feet and heart.

It may not be on the mountain height

Or over the stormy sea,

It may not be at the battle’s front

My Lord will have need of me.

But if, by a still, small voice he calls

To paths that I do not know,

I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:

I’ll go where you want me to go.

[Chorus]

I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,

Over mountain or plain or sea;

I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;

I’ll be what you want me to be.

Perhaps today there are loving words

Which Jesus would have me speak;

There may be now in the paths of sin

Some wand’rer whom I should seek.

O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide,

Tho dark and rugged the way,

My voice shall echo the message sweet:

I’ll say what you want me to say.

[Chorus]

I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,

Over mountain or plain or sea;

I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;

I’ll be what you want me to be.

There’s surely somewhere a lowly place

In earth’s harvest fields so wide

Where I may labor through life’s short day

For Jesus, the Crucified.

So trusting my all to thy tender care,

And knowing thou lovest me,

I’ll do thy will with a heart sincere:

I’ll be what you want me to be.

[Chorus]

I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,

Over mountain or plain or sea;

I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;

I’ll be what you want me to be.

Today I'm grateful for a decently productive week.  For kind people at the storehouse who cheerfully encourage us to visit for a minute with family that dropped by.  For a new pair of shoes (yay for something new, it feels like it's been a long time since that happened!) 😊 I'm grateful for learning to lean into/enjoy/treasure a hug.  I wish I had had some hugs when I was growing up.  Grateful that the bright outside lights next door weren't on late last night (though I'm kinda certain they will be on tonight which will cause gratitude for our light blocking shades - again and always). And grateful for a heart that feels a bit more at ease than usual, it is tiring to feel stressed all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment