Just a Few Things

 So, Saturday we were off to Arby's after our shift at the storehouse.  Had been advised to try their brown sugar bacon BLT on a King's Hawaiian roll.  So we did.  It was yummy!

We've had temps in the upper 50's even hitting 60 degrees yesterday.  This morning it was 31 degrees at 6:00.  And snow had dusted everything.  I've been taking note of all the bulbs sending up their experimental shoots to test the weather.  They're all snow covered and likely cold.  But I figure they'll just do their thing and bloom anyway. (Or maybe not.)

That crochet throw I'm doing for a friend?  I've been trying to find a bit of time most every day to spend on it.  It is not only therapy for my hands and heart, but also my head.  I feel better when I've managed to crochet a bit.  I hope she likes it when I finally finish and gift it to her.  It is definitely infused with love.

And I've been fussing about our passports.  We sent them in for renewal nearly six weeks ago.  Came home on Saturday to find the new ones delivered in our mail.  Yay! for getting that task (at times it felt overwhelming to me) complete.  Now:  for a trip!  Working on that.

Sunday morning we went for a walk.  (We try to make our Sunday walks more leisurely in keeping with the Sabbath rather than pressure to exercise.)  Just had to take this picture of the sun kissing the tops of the mountain range w-a-y over there, under the full moon.  It was a lovely morning.

They're here!! 
My turn at the organ in church is coming up in a bit over a week - since March has 5 Sundays, I'll be the one doing a double stint this time.  Doug picked a couple of less familiar hymns, so I'm trying to practice enough that my nerves won't take over and make things all messed up.  It feels good to sit at the piano for a few minutes each day.  

And I'm working hard at finding gratitude.  It feels like more often than not lately I'm kind of down.  Not a lot, just enough to bother me.  I dislike feeling that way.  The annual taxes (still waiting on some of our statements) are a heavy weight on me.  Because I have no control over when we receive the info, when we can get someone to do the preparation (hopefully our favorite tax preparer will still be able to do them for us this year) and how much we'll have to pay. Given how much we had to withdraw from our (what feels like meager) savings for the roof, fridge, water heaters and furnace repairs I figure we'll be in a whole worse tax bracket.  I guess I could always be grateful that we actually have money in savings.  And I always have been.  

Such a pretty view.

So, yeah, I'm grateful for some money tucked away to pay for stuff.  I hope we don't run out.  I'm grateful today for a bit of sunshine following the snow overnight.  Our weather here in Utah is pretty changeable - especially in late winter/early spring and those same shoulder months in the fall. I'm grateful for kind people who loan me good books to read.  For a friend.  How lovely to feel like I have one.  Relationships can be tricky and those who I thought might be lifetime friends - well, maybe I need to rethink that thought.  But it's fine, we're all in a growth process, and a personal one at that.  I'm grateful to have found a belt for my jeans that I think will work and didn't cost a fortune.  And grateful for a pair of arms that have always, always opened to welcome me in for a hug.  I couldn't exist without that.

No comments:

Post a Comment