So...

I told The Husband this morning I'm a mess (physically).  At least I feel like one.  I have felt better.  

Our nuclear stress/rest test the other day?  Made me feel worse for a while.  This morning was the first morning since then that I woke up without a headache.  The morning after the test, I picked something up off the floor - extreme dizziness ensued.  Seriously, fasting for so long and without water for so long and then the test itself, well, it took more out of me than I expected.  I actually spent that entire day just sitting because I hadn't the energy to even focus on my book.  I'm glad I'm just back to the normal pain (back, hands, knees - all that arthritis (and stenosis) stuff.  Tylenol is what is allowed now (not ibuprofen) and I'm having to tell myself all the time that it is helping.  Pep talk for sure. How The Husband weathers these kinds of things with such ease and aplomb is a mystery.

Still thinking about that awful waitress.  It is completely and totally wrong for the wait staff to take their tip before giving you your change back.  It wasn't her money until we gave it to her (and a tip is not a bill, obligation or demand, it is given by the customer).  She took what wasn't (yet) hers. Makes me kind of angry just thinking about the gutty behavior.

But this morning I felt well enough for a walk.  We left in 71 degrees which felt nice compared to what it's been.  (I'm mentally shuddering when I think about what our air conditioning and water bills are going to be.)  The sky was lovely.  And then we saw a momma deer and her two babies.  So fun!

We did a little field trip yesterday afternoon - something to fill the very long afternoons - over to IKEA and walked around.  Cool inside, non-tripping walkway, fun things to look at and we walked away with a box of cookies.  Win all around.

Today is July 24 - Pioneer Day.  The celebration of the day the pioneers came to settle this valley.  We didn't go to the parade.  Didn't even watch it on tv.  I'm fine avoiding the crowds.  I have a new-to-me dinner recipe to try on Sunday, a new cookie bar recipe to try (yup, going to do it even though we're supposed to avoid sweets) and that means a trip to the grocery tomorrow.  That will be plenty enough crowds for me. 

I'm grateful today for a decent movie to watch this afternoon, we both enjoyed it.  I'm grateful for a couple books to read - always will be my favorite.  Grateful for a sewing project to enjoy over the next while.  Grateful for the still functional clips on the broken attachments for the strap on my purse.  Not anxious to buy either a new strap or a new purse.  One attachment has been broken for over a year but now they're both kaput.  I'll continue to use it until the right replacement comes along. I'm really glad that we're able to stay at home and enjoy being here.  

And as I proof-read this I'm struck by how mundane our lives seem.  Or perhaps it is my reporting.  I've got to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment