And we're exhausted!!

 So it's been a day.  Frustrating.  Annoying.  Discouraging.  And a whole bunch of other emotions.

Tried to use the Tivo to watch Amazon Prime or Netflix the other night.  We've had what seems to be some issues ever since our Google Fiber was having trouble.  It was never explained and we still don't know what was going on, but whatever. That night the Tivo wouldn't connect to the internet.  We spent an inordinate amount of time figuring out how to get the Chromecast to work (all that tech stuff - passwords, etc. just makes me absolutely nutty!!) but were finally able to watch a show.

Spent the entire afternoon and into this evening working through all the issues.  The bottom line is the Tivo is caput where the ethernet cable is concerned.  We finally had to move it into the den/office and managed to connect it to the WiFi.  That means now we can get tv in there (we only have an OTA antenna- we got so fed up with our Comcast - um, now it's Infinity - service, we severed our association with them years ago) because without the Tivo the tv doesn't work - the attic antenna signal isn't good enough in that room.  So, the Tivo acts like an antenna where we don't really get one and I can still record the network shows that I like. (Plus the chairs in the den are the comfiest ones we have.) However, when we want to watch any of the "apps" we have to go back in the family room and use the Chromecast.  Which is kind of a headache.  And since that tv is only on the antenna, we discovered how frustrating it is to not be able to pause a show - had no idea how much we used that feature.  It's a whole new learning curve. And channel 14 KJZZ - don't get me started on it.  The signal is spotty and closed captioning (again, it's that "we're  old" thing) doesn't always work.  


I know we definitely got our money's worth out of the Tivo.  The little mini's are old and don't work any more on any tv.  (Again, that dang ethernet connection that they simply won't connect to - and yes, the ethernet cable is just fine, it's been tested.)  And we enjoyed all aspects of it for almost a couple decades.  The age of the Tivo (and minis)  means it is basically obsolete.  They don't even sell the units we have anymore.  Only one for cable which we disconnected.  So we're in a neverending circle of obsolescence and frustration and complete annoyance.  And I'm totally sounding like a spoiled brat complaining about the luxury of multiple tv sets and internet service and options to watch things on Amazon Prime and Netflix and the like.  Luxuries often do seem like necessities after a long period of time having them.

I have more and more trouble with technology as every day passes.  I'm old.  But I'm not totally stupid.  And just because something is possible doesn't mean it is useful or mandatory. Which is an old refrain of mine.


Seems like  Everything has to have an app.  None of which function the same.  And frankly, I don't want to "live" on my phone the way everyone seems to these years.  I want to be present and mindful and aware of other people.

So, I actually have a few pictures I'm going to put on here in a couple minutes.  Hopefully I can get them to fit and actually look kind of decent.  I am mentally done in by all of today's issues.  The iris flowers we were given a couple years ago are in full bloom and so pretty.  The dianthus caught my eye when we were on a walk - they're so tiny and sweet.  The Husband brought in the first of the strawberries - these are from the volunteer plants.  The ones we bought are doing so-so, just like the rest of the garden.  (We scaled back the garden a lot this year so the plants are really spread out among the three large beds and The Husband is reluctant to water them all automatically - wastes so much water - so he's doing it by hand, not optimal.  I'm happy with whatever as long as we get some decent tomatoes.  And lastly, the skies.  That morning was just lovely.  I'm learning that I truly need the quiet and peace of the early morning to start my day just right.


I'm trying so hard to be a good disciple of the Savior.  And most days feel like an abject failure.  I'm grateful for the chance every day to try, try and try again.  I'm kind of upset about the tech troubles here at home but grateful that we've managed to figure out a somewhat decent solution, for however long it works. I'm grateful to have been able to go to class today, it is work but good for my body and honestly also good for my spirits. We did a ton of weights / shoulder work today and so far my shoulder joints aren't feeling too bad.  (Though my left shoulder does make some alarming noises these days if you listen hard.  That's the arm that I broke up close to the shoulder and I'm completely certain there's some arthritis there.) And that makes me grateful that I'm pretty consistent with my physical therapy exercise.  It does make a difference.  I'm beyond grateful that after turning on the air conditioners today they seem to be working fine. We're in a high pressure/high temp situation these days and it'd be so miserable if they didn't work.  I'm hoping to make it through another year without having to spend the money to replace the units. It's that money thing that's so scary to me. I'm grateful we have a little bit to use when we need.  And most of all, I'm grateful for The Husband.  Please, My Love, don't ever give up on me. 💖


No comments:

Post a Comment