Thinking

I'm always thinking.  I probably am too much inside my head.  

So Sunday was the anniversary of our being sealed in the temple - 54 years.  I wasn't in the mood to be in our ward so I got tickets and we took Trax (does that count as not keeping the Sabbath holy?) downtown to see the Choir on Temple Square do their regular live Sunday morning broadcast.  Not sure we've ever done that before and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  They open the doors an hour early, and the audience sits through a dress rehearsal.  Then there's a fifteen minute pre-show, this one was hosted by Thurl Bailey all 6'11" of him.  He polled the audience and fully 50% were from out of state, and a bunch more were from out of the country.  It felt odd to not applaud between numbers but everyone was totally respectful of the rules.  I am so glad we did that.  Watching on tv doesn't even remotely compare to being there in person.  Nothing beats live music.  

Temple square is beautiful, always.  This hibiscus was only a random sample, not the largest blossom by any means, and so pretty. And the temple looks more normal without all the scaffolding surrounding it.  The black fencing around the temple itself is really pretty.  Some landscaping has occurred so the whole square looks better even though there's still construction fencing around a lot of it. 

This morning was our nuclear stress/rest test - as a result of our heart calcium test.  I nearly lost it when we arrived to check-in and were told our co-pay was $420.  Apiece.  (We'll be setting up a payment plan once the insurance company does its thing.) I could feel my stress level go through through the roof.  I started shaking, the intake woman asked me something - something about the dr. - who I'm still so hesitant about; I just feel so unseen from our one visit with her. Before I knew it, a couple tears had escaped to run down my cheeks and then I was completely embarrassed.  Felt even more upset because I was certain my blood pressure was going to be taken and it would be ugly.  Nearly two hours later when we left the hospital I felt a bit better.  The test wasn't too awful, though not my favorite.  I'm still a bit trembly and my head still aches - but then I went in with a fierce headache.  I'm not really prone to headaches until lately since we've been on the statin.  But fasting - especially with no water really does give me a bad headache.  They provided caffeinated drinks after because experience has proven that caffeine really helps the test-induced headache.  I could only manage about 1/3 of a can of Mtn. Dew.  But snarfed the Lorna Doones and Oreos quicker than I could think. 

We were both hungry (no breakfast) so we had a rare treat of a meal at Penny Ann's Cafe. I'm sure it was totally bad for us but at that point I didn't really care.  My waffle had bits of bacon in

the batter (they weren't as plentiful as I would have liked) and The Husband always loves their Banana Bread French Toast.  (I will never understand - and this is totally personal and without judgement - how anyone can like whipped cream.  Not my thing, feels like I'm just eating sugary fat.) If we go back to Penny Ann's- which I hope we will at some point, I think I'll refuse to have that particular waitress.  No.  She wasn't good.  

Saw a squirrel at the feeder yesterday evening, which made me happy.  We bought some attractant for the wasp trap.  They're invading the hummingbird feeder.  That surprises me because we're paying what feels like too much money for bug/insect/flying critter elimination.  But this will be an easy fix.  Going to make sure The Husband prepares it with gloves on, don't want that stuff on his hands. 

Last Thursday was our Hale tickets to Our Town.  We could have skipped that play and I would have been fine.  It's dialogue heavy, very sparse as to stage sets, and the message seems ill-conveyed IMO.  But it was a night out and that's always good for us.  We should probably be around people more than we are.  And I'd be good with that as long as it isn't at some medical facility / medical people.

I'm grateful today - very much so - that this dreaded test is over.  Whatever the results, we'll figure it out.  Since we haven't had any symptoms of heart issues (except for our elevated cholesterol) my hope is that the statin will be sufficient.  I was frankly, kind of mentally terrified about this test.  I'm so grateful that we made it through without a single issue.  The staff was so very kind.  They don't typically have two people in together (one person seemed quite surprised that both of us were in for the same test) and I think they actually enjoyed being busy swapping us back and forth - kept them busy and I think it went faster.  I'm always saying how grateful I am for our air conditioning, and I'm concerned about how much this is costing us, but I do wilt in the heat.  I sleep better with the windows closed when it's allergy season (from April through October).   We had some thunder and lightning overnight, made me grateful the windows were closed which meant I didn't have to get up and run around keeping the rain out. I'm grateful for a kind friend who reached out and said she was wishing us well before the test.  It's nice to feel like I matter if even only a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment