Walk

I decided to walk over to the library. Considering that it was only 20 degrees outside, I bundled up. It really was a stunning day out, the trail was so pretty running under the trees - a light drift of snow wafting down from the branches.

I amused myself looking at the shoe prints of those who had traversed ahead of me. I could mostly tell who was running, or walking. One guy had some shoes that left an imprint of an open umbrella. I'm guessing those were Totes brand. Another person was wearing those things one stretches over the bottoms of their shoes to keep from slipping - Yak Trax?

I'm quite taken by the prints my great (warm, waterproof, breathable) boots leave: a scattering of autumn leaves. But seriously - they're winter boots. Why not have them leave snowmen or big snowflakes? Makes no sense to me.

Coming up the walk to my house, I met the prints I left on the outward bound trip. Found myself meeting myself going the other direction. But at least I really knew that I was coming and going instead of not knowing the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment