Door

I think I quoted in a book review I did for Goodreads a passage where a character says she loves doors - that they lead to things and she'd never met one she hadn't wanted to open. I like doors, too.

Last year I had a Mary Engelbreit page-a-day calendar. I love her art, and she often includes a memorable quote. Every morning when it was time to tear off the previous page from the calendar I puzzled over what to do with it. Didn't want to just throw it away. I'm a sucker for "eye candy" like that - stuff that makes me happy just looking at it. So, I started taping them to the door of my room.

I didn't save all of the pages.  But I sure like the ones I did save.  I even had a few that I wanted The Hubby to see / enjoy / remember so I put a couple on his office door.  Thinking I like them there.  

Don't know how long I'll leave them up, probably until the tape either falls off or I have to re-paint the door.  In the meantime, I like it.  It makes me happy to see the fun pictures.  Both coming and going.  

No comments:

Post a Comment