Pastry and Sleep

Discovered something new today - well it's not new, just new to me: puff pastry. Filled with chocolate chips, brushed with an egg wash, sprinkled with sugar and baked makes a super-elegant delicious treat. I'm thinking of other stuff to fill it with. I'm thinking it'll make a great thing to serve for Book Group....if I deign to have it.

Picture this: I'm sleeping - it's the middle of the night. The Hubby is on his side, facing me with his arm up over the top of my pillow. But I'm asleep, right? I'm awakened by the sense of something in my hair. Of course, I tense, trying to figure out what it is. Barely stop myself from flinging back the covers, leaping from the bed all the while shouting: "GAH!!!". The Hubby has his fingers just brushing my hair, and he's moving them (twitching?) in his sleep. Tickling my hair. I just knew it was a spider! So glad it wasn't.

However, my heart was pounding pretty hard, took awhile for me to get back to sleep. And get this: He did it again! So tonight? I'm sleeping on the other side of the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment