Good News / Bad News

I've been wondering:  when it is a good news / bad news situation it seems like everyone always wants the good news first.  Why is that?  I don't get it.

I've always been a "happy ending" kind of person.  It follows, then (and quite logically) that if one wants a happy ending, then one always wants the bad news first, which is followed by the good news, or the happy ending.

The other day The Husband said he had some good news and some bad news - and apparently didn't hear me say I wanted the bad news first and went ahead and gave me the good news.  I was just dashed.  Somehow it all  felt like bad news.  And the day went downhill from there!

It kind of feels like life:  it's not all roses and sunshine, but we get the tough stuff over and done with (and do our best at doing our best) and then we get the Good News of Eternal Life.  The Happy Ending.

So, yah,  I always want the bad news first.

No comments:

Post a Comment