Movie

Today we saw "Arthur Christmas"- I think we were the only adults unaccompanied by children in the theater.  Too sad.  I think everyone should see this movie - it is my new favorite Christmas movie.

As The Husband said, "The attention to detail is phenomenal!"  It was such fun - a story about families and relationships and kindness and integrity and goodness.  In order to show all of that they had to address: sibling rivalry, ambition & selfishness (my personal pick for most common-root-of-most-issues-trait).  I'm not normally a fan of animated movies but I was totally engrossed in this one - didn't check my watch even once.  And we loved when (at a tense, critical moment) some little kid impulsively yelled out,"Go, Arthur, go!"  

It seemed the other adults in the theater were enjoying the movie as much as we were.  There was truly something for everyone.

My favorite line:  "I have to worry...it's the only thing I'm good at!"  I can so relate.

Then on to the grocery for a quick gelato, a brief look at the gingerbread houses constructed by architects (they were pretty good, especially the Angry Birds one) and we got to meet one of the brothers who founded the chain.  Pretty important person he is.  And he seemed to be in his element, we saw him all over the store doing his meet-n-greet.

All in all a fairly satisfactory day.  Now I'm counting down the minutes to....jammie time!

No comments:

Post a Comment