It's Happened Again!

I seem to have seen more than my share of accidents.  And again today, while I didn't see the actual crunch (since it was behind me a couple cars) I heard the screech of brakes, the crash of the impact and turned my head around (as I turned the corner) just in time to see the truck bounce back from the collision with the car in front of it.

These occurences are quite scary for me.  They make my heart pound, fill me with anxiety and concern, and cause me to seriously consider walking / biking everywhere.

I've tried to discern the reason for my (oft occurring) close proximity to these unnerving happenings.  I have already tried to be a safe driver - using caution and being alert and aware.  I make sure the car insurance is always in force and I even keep my windshield clean.  This makes me hyper-conscious of the fragility of human life.  And seems to force me to assess the state of my life - if my behavior is in accordance with what is right, if I've expressed enough love, if I've repented enough, if I've been grateful enough, if I'm right with The Lord.

I'm still a "work in progress" and I fail in many ways.  I will persevere.  But I'd sure like to not see any more accidents.  They take a lot out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment