Almost Whole Again!

Tomorrow The Husband will return!  I will feel like I'm complete again.  I've so totally missed him.

Took myself off to Cafe Rio - and even though it's tamale day I had a roast beef quesadilla.  Minus all the lettuce and trimmings, plus a few black beans.  And I'm still full after 7 hours!  I saw a several other people there eating alone (I always see other single-eaters) and even another lady there eating and reading, just like me.  Made me feel less conspicuous.

And it's a good thing I've done some eating out.  The Husband said he's tired of eating out and is ready to eat in.  I'll have to brush up on my somewhat mediocre cooking skills.

While I was talking to The Husband on my cellphone, the house phone rang and it was The Son.  So I put them both on speaker.  Just picture it:  I'm walking down to the basement to look for something for The Son, with the cellphone in one hand, the house phone in the other and I'm playing womaninthemiddle while they speak to each other.  One of those oddities of life that seem to occur quite frequently.

And that's strange, and oddity by definition would be something that is unusual in occurence wouldn't it?  So a frequent oddity would be basically an oxymoron, right?  (mediocre skill, frequent oddity - I'm just full of consistent contradictions!)

No comments:

Post a Comment