Still (or is it always) All About Food

Took myself out for lunner this afternoon.  (After the visit with the oral surgeon.  A molar has to come out. Have to wait for The Husband to be home to drive and supervise me....)  Really splurged on a yummy salmon salad (one of my very favorites) at Mimi's.  Rarely spend this much on me for food out.  But it was consolation eating.

Decided that when I'm old(er) I hope to have improvement in my hearing.  Sat in a booth next to three older (w-a-y older than me) ladies having a nice long lunch - like I do with a couple of my friends.  I learned so much about their lives.  And likes.  And dislikes.  I could have sat across the street at Paradise Bakery and still heard them.  One of the ladies was "holding court" if you get my drift.

I also decided that I hope to have such patient listener/friends.  And that means I should probably brush up on my own listening skills.

And my favorite part of book group?  The pie!


No comments:

Post a Comment