Garbage

My Monday got off to a great start - I was back on the trail, after the go-ahead from the oral surgeon.  It felt so good to get back to moving this old body, I missed my morning walks / rides.

Alongside the trail not too far from our home is a house under construction with the accompanying large dumpsters for all the building detritus.  On my walk this morning I watched a guy drive up in his pick-up, park, unload his garbage into the dumpster (including tree limbs) then drive off again.

It made me sad.  It's like stealing to me - he isn't paying for the dumpster, he's making sure to avoid paying for the dumping of his garbage and it isn't honest.  (And no, I don't know his circumstances or why he thinks it's ok to dump his garbage on someone elses property.) And then I thought about the bumper sticker President Uchtdorf quoted:  Don't judge me because I sin differently than you.  And felt properly chastised.  And re-committed to reducing my own sinfulness.  Heaven knows my own list of sins is long....

No comments:

Post a Comment