Wheelbarrow Full Of Guilt

I have a psychologist friend who says guilt is for sin.  And I don't think I sin that much.  But I sure feel guilty a lot:  guilty for thinking unkind thoughts of that guy dumping his garbage yesterday, guilty for having a chocolate muffin from Corner Bakery this morning, guilty for sending a certain e-mail (months ago!) guilty for feeling snarky about a couple people....the list goes on.

And I'm not sure how much of it is really sin.  (Sin - defined as the willful disobedience to God.) But I've just felt like I'm trundling this huge wheelbarrow full of my guilt in front of me wherever I go.  What a waste of energy. It makes me tired.

So, I'm trying to let go of the guilt - or at least get it down to something more manageable in size - maybe a small handbasket.  (Sort of something along the lines of going to hell in a handbasket? I think that would be me unless I mend my ways.)

Anyone need a wheelbarrow?

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea - let me know how you do it - the process! I need the formula!

    ReplyDelete